Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Chrome Resto

Old 02-08-2010, 06:42 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Chrome Resto

exactly alex...it will make it uniform and get rid of all the spots and oxidation..
Old 02-09-2010, 04:57 AM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Chrome Resto

Originally Posted by nftuatn
well if anything get a gray scotch brite pad and use some water and wrap the pad and you hand around the pipe and do like a back and forth motion on it....will give it a machined look...

will look good if you do it all...
I may have to try it atleast on the upper IC pipe going to the manifold... It was painted and it started chipping so I sanded it off w/ some high grit...

Originally Posted by b00st3db18a
Mine looked like shit also , So i got flat black textured temp paint and painted all of my i.c. piping. I think it came out great.
Its been suggested that I paint all of my IC piping since my IC is black... The car came into my posession w/ the IC already painted... I kind of like the stealthy look as well b/c my car isn't screaming "HEY LOOK AT ME I'M BOOSTED" and every ricer will try to race me...

Originally Posted by B-Well
i was slightly vague.

Duane is right. the wool will give you a flat-matte dulled finish(brushed)It will make the surface very uniform.

high grit paper and tonnns of time = polished = whole body pain lol
I'm not afraid of using a little elbow grease to make something look right... If it turns out that it doesn't look right or I don't like it I can always paint it or wrap it...