Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Detailers. Flim Flam and others. Come in please.

Old 04-13-2008, 06:55 PM
Srsly.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Detailers. Flim Flam and others. Come in please.

Originally Posted by Jarrod
Yup. He waxes the car after EVERY wash.
Well geez, I do that with the Mach1. I mean... how else can you get rid of the itty bitty water spots the chamois leaves behind?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:43 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I mean... how else can you get rid of the itty bitty water spots the chamois leaves behind?
http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...ROD&ProdID=279

And yes, I have this stuff too and it works great. If you were using a quality wax, you wouldn't have an issue with those pesky spots.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Flite
http://www.detailersdomain.com/index...ROD&ProdID=279

And yes, I have this stuff too and it works great. If you were using a quality wax, you wouldn't have an issue with those pesky spots.
A good wax can prevent hard water deposits from forming when water dries on top?
Old 04-13-2008, 10:20 PM
HHIC

A good wax can prevent hard water deposits from forming when water dries on top?
Honestly, in the rare occasion that I do get a water spot (If I have to drive through a sprinkler or something and it dries before I can get to it), it wipes right off. And this is after 4 months of the same wax job. Same with bird shit. I got bird shit on my car a few days ago and it baked on, I was pretty pissed. Got home, sprayed some swissvax detail spray on it, and it wiped off without a trace. Water would have probably taken it off just as easy, I just didn't want to risk a scratch. Detail spray has lubricity.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:39 PM
Srsly.

Honestly, in the rare occasion that I do get a water spot (If I have to drive through a sprinkler or something and it dries before I can get to it), it wipes right off. And this is after 4 months of the same wax job. Same with bird shit. I got bird shit on my car a few days ago and it baked on, I was pretty pissed. Got home, sprayed some swissvax detail spray on it, and it wiped off without a trace. Water would have probably taken it off just as easy, I just didn't want to risk a scratch. Detail spray has lubricity.
Ahhh... okay. I think you misunderstood me. When I say water spots, I mean the small residue that is left after a chamois goes over the finish. I typically rid the finish of these spots with Meguiar's Quik Detailer and they're easily and instantly wiped off yielding a brilliant "just waxed" look. To be honest, I don't think I've ever had a "stain" in my paint that simple waxing wouldn't remove.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:44 PM
HHIC

Ahhh... okay. I think you misunderstood me. When I say water spots, I mean the small residue that is left after a chamois goes over the finish. I typically rid the finish of these spots with Meguiar's Quik Detailer and they're easily and instantly wiped off yielding a brilliant "just waxed" look. To be honest, I don't think I've ever had a "stain" in my paint that simple waxing wouldn't remove.
Yeah, but you said you wax the car every wash..."How else can you get rid of... water spots"

See:

Well geez, I do that with the Mach1. I mean... how else can you get rid of the itty bitty water spots the chamois leaves behind?

And I answered. Wax isn't what you should be using to get rid of water spots. Quick detailer is. So if you're getting rid of the little spots from the chamois with detail spray, goodonya. Detail spray =/= wax though.

Time for a new chamois.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:50 PM
Srsly.

Yeah, but you said you wax the car every wash..."How else can you get rid of... water spots"

See:

And I answered. Wax isn't what you should be using to get rid of water spots. Quick detailer is. So if you're getting rid of the little spots from the chamois with detail spray, goodonya. Detail spray =/= wax though.

Time for a new chamois.
And that's my bad. I call detailer spray "wax", even though I know it's different. Bad habit I guess.

And even brand new chamois' will leave some small water droplets behind.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:55 PM
HHIC

And that's my bad. I call detailer spray "wax", even though I know it's different. Bad habit I guess.

And even brand new chamois' will leave some small water droplets behind.
Ahh. Well then good for you. We're on the same page now.

(we need to discuss this whole Lambo thing though. There's only ever been one cool Lambo)
Old 04-13-2008, 10:58 PM
Srsly.

Ahh. Well then good for you. We're on the same page now.
Good deal.

(we need to discuss this whole Lambo thing though. There's only ever been one cool Lambo)
You're right. And it's the yellow Diablo in that Eye Candy thread! I guess I just have a thing for them, based solely on the way Diablos look.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:00 PM
HHIC

You're right. And it's the yellow Diablo in that Eye Candy thread! I guess I just have a thing for them, based solely on the way Diablos look.
God no.

Reason #1: It's fucking Yellow

Reason #2: It's a Diablo

Reason #3: It's a VT (which means it wasn't as fast as the rest)

Reason #4: It's fucking Yellow for Christ's sake

Quick Reply: Detailers. Flim Flam and others. Come in please.