Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Detailers. Flim Flam and others. Come in please.

Old 04-15-2008, 06:12 AM
OV-104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis
Default Re: Detailers. Flim Flam and others. Come in please.

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I originally wanted a Screaming Yellow Mach1, but because I bought my car so late in '04, I had my choices between white, blue and red. Blue was my second choice though. I mean, how can you say "no" to yellow though? (Geez, that rhymed)
There is a lady down the street from me with one of these, she smoked liek a chimney in it and I bet it hasn't been washed since it was new. Such a shame to see a nice Mach go down the drain
Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Well geez, I do that with the Mach1. I mean... how else can you get rid of the itty bitty water spots the chamois leaves behind?

Originally Posted by Flite
Honestly, in the rare occasion that I do get a water spot (If I have to drive through a sprinkler or something and it dries before I can get to it), it wipes right off. And this is after 4 months of the same wax job. Same with bird shit. I got bird shit on my car a few days ago and it baked on, I was pretty pissed. Got home, sprayed some swissvax detail spray on it, and it wiped off without a trace. Water would have probably taken it off just as easy, I just didn't want to risk a scratch. Detail spray has lubricity.
What wax do you use again? I'd like to try that stuff, haha.

I wish my paint was in new condition on my Si. I've done almost all I can with it and it still looks horrid. I'm starting to wetsand and buff it, it's a little better but still isn't nice like I want it.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:02 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by madsteez
Try some solvent,quick on,quick off a wet rag.Thats what i use when there is overspray on cars at work,but its been more to the eye than to the hand. Id give it a try anyways.

By the way,try the solvent and since you work at a shop get done whats called a enviormental wax,its cheap,inexpensive and damn good,its a thick ass wax.
Are you kidding me?

Cars dont come into your bay with overspray dude.

Solvent will most definately melt the wax and dull the underlying paint.

In this situation I would slap the shit out of whoever did it, and find the highest quality claybar and 'lube'. At hall we used ADS (Advanced dealer services). The clay itself was pretty good, it was very fine and did good at getting the smaller things out of paint.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Scoutn757
There is a lady down the street from me with one of these, she smoked liek a chimney in it and I bet it hasn't been washed since it was new. Such a shame to see a nice Mach go down the drain
That shit seriously pisses me off when I see it. I wanted a Screaming Yellow Mach1, but couldn't get one because crack whores like that, beat me to the punch.