Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Dyeing my interior

Old 04-25-2007, 04:08 AM
Makin Moves

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311 Murphyd311
Default Re: Dyeing my interior

Never, ever, EVER, EVER, dye or paint your stock interior peices. Mark my words:

YOU WILL REGRET IT
Old 04-25-2007, 04:27 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

I loved my '97 Cobra interior... the earlier ones were even better as the upper 1/2 of the door panels were black too and flowed very nicely from the dash.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
I loved my '97 Cobra interior... the earlier ones were even better as the upper 1/2 of the door panels were black too and flowed very nicely from the dash.
ya thats the one i have my door uppers are black unlike in the picture above
Old 04-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

just sell the car and buy one with black interior....
Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Taking the shot

QwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these partsQwanSanchez is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by audiophile24
just sell the car and buy one with black interior....
because that would make sense why? I already have modifications done to this car, its in good condition, decent paint, low miles, and i got it for a steal. I dont see how selling that and putting myself at risk of getting a lesser car makes any sense. Its not like this is the first time someone has dyed their interior its actually quite common in the mustang world.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:07 AM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

i think it would be nearly impossible to really match it with the oem parts of your interior, i say you're taking a gamble, but gl if you decide to do it.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 AM
Makin Moves

Originally Posted by QwanSanchez
because that would make sense why? I already have modifications done to this car, its in good condition, decent paint, low miles, and i got it for a steal. I dont see how selling that and putting myself at risk of getting a lesser car makes any sense. Its not like this is the first time someone has dyed their interior its actually quite common in the mustang world.
I'd rip the interior out of a junked one, either already painted or paint that instead. That way when the dye and paint doesn't match/fades/cracks you can switch it back. Couldn't be that expensive.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:42 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

All black interior SN95's are rare and hard to find.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Taking the shot

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
All black interior SN95's are rare and hard to find.
+1 i just priced how much it would cost to buy all OEM black pieces and yea....the center console alone is $230 +

Last edited by QwanSanchez; 04-27-2007 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:28 AM
Makin Moves

Couldn't hurt to look for a wrecked one, even if it's not black you can use it as back up if you don't like your paint job.

Quick Reply: Dyeing my interior