Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Engine swap??

Old 02-21-2011 | 10:13 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Engine swap??

Originally Posted by hatchman16
Lol so basically everyone thinks I should just sell it?
Buying a swap will cost more than the car is worth, so it's up to you. The car is 22 model years old, so reliability becomes an issue. Basically the thing to think about is whether you want to put a bunch of money into a car that isn't worth very much. You have to be prepared to accept that you aren't going to get any of that money back, but it's just a choice like anything else.
Old 02-21-2011 | 10:19 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

you should be worried about inspection/emission. im worried about it right now my cars due in couple months lol. gotta ek with gsr. i dunno what to do? good thing i kept my p72.. lol can anyone help? or buy my car .. 103k miles on shell less on motor =] tuned on hondata s3!!
Old 02-21-2011 | 10:45 AM
Registered Member

hatchman16 has disabled reputation

The car is in perfect condition and will pass inspection easily. All it needs are some new hoses. It was my grandmas car. She bought it brand new in 89 and rarely drove it like I said only 80,000. And that's great for 22 years. I'm getting it for free from her and I'm off at school right now where I cannot drive it yet but at the same time I don't want a slow ass car for when I can.
Old 02-21-2011 | 10:46 AM
Ragger

BlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these partsBlkKewp is infamous around these parts

for the money spent on a swap and time for swap, a forced induction build would be cheaper and quicker IMO
Old 02-21-2011 | 10:52 AM
Registered Member

hatchman16 has disabled reputation

The only money I'd pay is for the engine. I can do the swap on my own with my friend
Old 02-21-2011 | 11:06 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

i know sr20 civics were a big hit at racewars... thats something to consider
Old 02-21-2011 | 11:07 AM
Registered Member

ricer4lyfe ricer4lyfe ricer4lyfe ricer4lyfe ricer4lyfe ricer4lyfe ricer4lyfe

Zex dry box + wide open throttle = going faster lol
Old 02-21-2011 | 11:14 AM
Banned

twinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these partstwinturbomeow is infamous around these parts

The car is in perfect condition and will pass inspection easily. All it needs are some new hoses. It was my grandmas car. She bought it brand new in 89 and rarely drove it like I said only 80,000. And that's great for 22 years. I'm getting it for free from her and I'm off at school right now where I cannot drive it yet but at the same time I don't want a slow ass car for when I can.
im talking about inspection, emission for after the u put a motor in it
Old 02-21-2011 | 11:19 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

if you figure in the price of a new motor, mounts, axles, fluids, clutch, etc, etc, etc you will be at or seriously above 2 grand. you will already have 2x the money into the car than it is worth. now lets say you want to turn around next year and sell the car for $3000. you will sit on it and/or not sell it for anywhere near what you want. lets say you find a car thats even a 93...that alone will raise the resell value when/if that time comes. the only advantage a 88 integra will have is the fact that thieves wont give it a second look.
Old 02-21-2011 | 11:32 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If that's the case, I'd say go the budget route and swap something like an LS into it. You can add a low pressure turbo setup later if you want more power, or add a VTEC head to it.

What engine does it have now? The 1.6L ZC?

Actually, scratch that. I forgot the second gen started in 1990, not 1989. There aren't any OEM mounts that will bolt right up for the B-series stuff....

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-21-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Engine swap??