Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

F--- cars.

Old 07-24-2006, 11:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lookatmy6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: F--- cars.

check your fluids, if its low check for leaks around the slave cylender. I'm pretty sure you'll find your problem right there. I wouldn't even bother with stainless lines though. Slave cylender is an easy job you can do at home by yourself in less than an hour.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:22 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

If you're planning on selling it, don't upgrade little stuff like switching to SS lines. Whatever is broken (probably master cylinder), turn in your old one as a core and buy a reman unit from Advance or somewhere comparable. No use in dumping money into a car you're getting ready to sell.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:24 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....

Originally Posted by reuter
If you're planning on selling it, don't upgrade little stuff like switching to SS lines. Whatever is broken (probably master cylinder), turn in your old one as a core and buy a reman unit from Advance or somewhere comparable. No use in dumping money into a car you're getting ready to sell.

Yeah, I'm not gonna sell it. I'm just tired of takin cars to the shop period. All I wanna do is drive the damned thing lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Drink Up, Chumps

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

Don't worry. I've been over cars for the past couple of years now. Nothing even excites me anymore.
Old 07-24-2006, 11:54 AM
DANGEROUS

REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER REKER

Originally Posted by blah
Don't worry. I've been over cars for the past couple of years now. Nothing even excites me anymore.
Yup.

Ive been over my truck for about 2 years now. I quit off roading it when I got tired of breaking shit, then I just HAD to go out with Ritz and Jason one day only to end the day REMEMBERING WHY I had decided to quit offroading.
Old 07-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Registered Member

kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru kashimiru

you bought an evo and you're still complaining about clutch problems?

isn't that like having unprotected sex with a prostitute and complaining you got teh hiv?
Old 07-24-2006, 12:05 PM
EEK
卐 Walnuts

EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK EEK

Originally Posted by blah
lol more than half the ppl that says this are younger than me, shit you guys havent even in joined driving for that long lol
Old 07-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Nunchuck Skillz

TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound TomsSound

Originally Posted by Assassin
I buy the Evo a year ago with 9k miles. Never track the car, never launch the car. I might play ever now and then but that's about it. So, after about a couple of months owning the car, the clutch goes out. Okay, maybe the previous owner beat the crap out of it. Replaced with an ACT heavy duty clutch.

Now I'm at 30K miles, i get the 30K service done, take the car on a road trip and then all of a sudden, clutch pressure gone. The clutch release is now at the damned floor. I have to pump the clutch to get the pressure back.

I take it to Mitsu to see if maybe they jacked something up during their 30K service, but they say there's nothing they could've done that would've messed up the clutch. They also said that the vibration in the clutch isn't normal either. Direct Performance suggests that I get a new slave cylinder, steel braided lines, and swap everything out and see what the result is. Problem is, I don't wanna go paying for something that MIGHT fix the problem.

What do you guys think? Personally, I'm already fed up with the car scene as it is.

Lexus IS-350 anybody? I'm seriously thinking about fixing the evo and just selling it. Get my lexus, but some nice wheels on it, and say fuck cars.
you might just need to adjust the clutch pedal.
I had to do it on mine (stock clutch). went from feeling really springy and low.. back to feeling brand new.
Barst also had to do it on his.. and we replaced his clutch with a ACT clutch.

http://evomoto.com/tech_info.php?tec...a61a6c54d1bdf8

if that doesn't work try replacing the fluid, make sure you don't have any air in the clutch line.

on a side note: fuck taking the evo to the stealerships.. those guys can suck a dick

Last edited by TomsSound; 07-24-2006 at 01:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:21 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Sorry about that AJ.
Old 07-24-2006, 01:51 PM
Registered Member

evolution has disabled reputation

isnt a is 350 a car ?

Quick Reply: F--- cars.