Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Finally 2011 Mustang will bring back 5.0

Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol
Default Re: Finally 2011 Mustang will bring back 5.0

Originally Posted by ShawnD

vs

The mustang weighs less, has more torque and still can't beat the 0-60? It all depends on what you look for in a car.
better pic....
Old 04-16-2010, 10:57 PM
Celebration Bitches!

lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams

The new 5.0's are hot. There are a few cars you can get for less msrp and perform just as well as the high end ones. Corvette Z06 and Caddy CTS-V are just a few that counters those Porsche and BMW crowds. It's just a matter of preference. Different strokes for different folks. It's about time the 5.0's came back. I really missed those 5.0 badges.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by bonestock94
Yea, that .1 second is a deal breaker, much more so than the $28,000 difference. I agree with your main point though, the cars target different audiences. A guy looking at a new M3 probably won't buy the Mustang and vice versa. It's nice to see $60,000 performance trickling down to cars half the price regardless.
its a significant difference in torque, 295 vs 390
Old 04-17-2010, 05:53 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Will Sol
better pic....
still not in the same hemisphere.

any numbers on what these two cars run on the same road course? 'ring maybe? that would be a better judge of overall performance...

but even if the mustang comes close performance-wise, there's no possible way to compare it to an m3. anyone arguing against that is just being a ford homer and should really evaluate their own intelligence.

that said, this fucking car pisses me off... i really, really wanted a camaro but now that this mustang is so much better in nearly every category, i simply cannot justify buying one... and i'd never convince the wife to buy into me having a mustang. ever. she's a firm believer in the collective personas of all drivers of a particular car having an impact on the social perception of everyone who drives them, and she's warned she would likely divorce me if i bought a mustang, s2000, or anything yellow.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:02 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

The only thing I really don't like about the 11 GT is the retro gauges and the wheel tire combo. Still waiting to see what a production car pulls time wise though.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:56 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by blackout
still not in the same hemisphere.

any numbers on what these two cars run on the same road course? 'ring maybe? that would be a better judge of overall performance...

but even if the mustang comes close performance-wise, there's no possible way to compare it to an m3. anyone arguing against that is just being a ford homer and should really evaluate their own intelligence.

that said, this fucking car pisses me off... i really, really wanted a camaro but now that this mustang is so much better in nearly every category, i simply cannot justify buying one... and i'd never convince the wife to buy into me having a mustang. ever. she's a firm believer in the collective personas of all drivers of a particular car having an impact on the social perception of everyone who drives them, and she's warned she would likely divorce me if i bought a mustang, s2000, or anything yellow.
Ehh Im not that big on interiors... I will say its not as nice but its 28K cheaper gotta give somewhere.

As far as comparing it to an M3 - If it performs just as good or better on the road why not?

If you can't handle that then you might need to evaluate your own intelligence. Drop the elitist bullshit get over your image problems and just enjoy an underdog that can hang with the big boys.

With that said I still love M3s but I'm not one to get totally caught up in the hype of any car.

I hope they wil do a road course comparo soon.... The Ring would be perfect for it.

Side Tip - Use the back of your hand and follow through when dealing with your wife. She is a woman, she does not get to decide anything dealing with vehicles in the home. Put in her place and enjoy the car you want.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:01 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

iDrive is complicated as shit
Old 04-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Celebration Bitches!

lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams lawjizams

Originally Posted by phyber
To tell you the truth the new Idrive is very easy to use (alot better then the old idrive) and navigate with no problems and its fast compared to what it used to be. I will admit I'm a bit of a tech head but if the average person can use a ipod touch and import music from itunes. I'm pretty sure they will be able to navigate the Idrive. Its not rocket science.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:48 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Will Sol
Ehh Im not that big on interiors... I will say its not as nice but its 28K cheaper gotta give somewhere.

As far as comparing it to an M3 - If it performs just as good or better on the road why not?

If you can't handle that then you might need to evaluate your own intelligence. Drop the elitist bullshit get over your image problems and just enjoy an underdog that can hang with the big boys.

With that said I still love M3s but I'm not one to get totally caught up in the hype of any car.

I hope they wil do a road course comparo soon.... The Ring would be perfect for it.

Side Tip - Use the back of your hand and follow through when dealing with your wife. She is a woman, she does not get to decide anything dealing with vehicles in the home. Put in her place and enjoy the car you want.
it goes beyond what interior is nicer and performance. you can cry all you want about elitists and their image problems, but i'd be very confident in saying someone looking at an m3 would literally laugh in the face of someone trying to convince him to buy a mustang. part of that is being a cock on the part of a high-end german luxury sports car owner, but where there's smoke there's usually fire- having driven a few higher end cars there really is no comparison. i drove a camaro ss yesterday, and immediately after drove a 5 year old audi s4. i liked the audi WAAAAY more- which is odd to me that a sedan offers a tighter, more agile chassis than a sports coupe while still having as much torque and power as is noticeable when not driving faster than any posted speed limit. you just can't fake the refinement that goes into the engineering and building of a proper, QUALITY vehicle. if you STILL want to prattle on about how 'if the mustang performs just as good then why not compare it to an m3' you either really should go out and test drive something, or you are just far too biased to really have any relevant contribution to this conversation.

tell you what, i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just chalk it up to the fact that you are a muscle car fan. nothing wrong with that... until you try to compare it to a true 'sports' car. i don't care what the numbers say.

as far as my wife's opinion, that was a joke... the reality based in that comment was that the mustang is far too common and 'ordinary'... they're just boring to me. even if i'm pretty sure driving one would put a smile on my face, i could never see myself owning one. and after driving the camaro yesterday, i don't really see myself owning one of those either... although i didn't dislike the car, it's just not what i'm after right now.

Originally Posted by phyber
you've got to be kidding me... anyone who plays gran turismo or forza should really feel embarrassed if they can't figure out idrive.
Old 04-18-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

bonestock94 has disabled reputation

I used the old idrive a few times, complicated might not be the word, but it is incredibly annoying and probably dangerous to use while driving

Quick Reply: Finally 2011 Mustang will bring back 5.0