Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Focus people

Old 08-24-2006 | 06:06 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Focus people

While I'm doing research, you guys tell me WHY a focus is so difficult to make any fast. I can't believe I'm having a newbie argument with you guys. A car is a car. Properly tuned, boosted, and built, any car can be fast if the weight ratio isn't to off.
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:07 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

We're not saying it can't be fast. We're saying that there aren't many around.

I'm contending against your claim that turbo 240s only feel fast.
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:08 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by blaxican25
If these Foci are local, shouldn't you be able to do the same?
I'll give him the entire USA to find me a Focus that only bolted on a turbo and held a gain of 200hp. Considering some V8's with TT don't even gain that much and the Focus block is pretty crappy from the factory.
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:08 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Research? C'mon. I can take you on a tour around the area of fast 240s and Civics. If these Foci are local, shouldn't you be able to do the same?
Don't bring popularity into the equation, how many ferraris can you show in the area? (rhetorical)

You can't compare two MAJORLY popular modified cars to car that most people show no interest in.
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:10 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Focal XIV
you guys tell me WHY a focus is so difficult to make any fast. I can't believe I'm having a newbie argument with you guys. A car is a car. Properly tuned, boosted, and built, any car can be fast if the weight ratio isn't to off.
I'm not arguing against fast Foci. I'm arguing against only bolting on a turbo to a stock Focus will gain 200hp as you stated. I've seen fast Foci at the track.
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:10 AM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Don't bring popularity into the equation, how many ferraris can you show in the area? (rhetorical)

You can't compare two MAJORLY popular modified cars to car that most people show no interest in.
Look, you say that there are 10-12 sec cars locally. I just want you to show me a couple. That's not too much to ask, is it?
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:13 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
I'll give him the entire USA to find me a Focus that only bolted on a turbo and held a gain of 200hp. Considering some V8's with TT don't even gain that much and the Focus block is pretty crappy from the factory.
I don't know the guy or wtf he really has done. Go to focaljet.com and he has his damn time sheet posted on there. It was an example. And it isn't a gain of 200hp, if you're going to argue with me know your damn facts first. Find me one focus with only 100hp. You can't even get them that low from the factory. Are you saying a 170 hp car can't produce an extra 130hp from a turbo kit?
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:17 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Look, you say that there are 10-12 sec cars locally. I just want you to show me a couple. That's not too much to ask, is it?
I haven't been in the focus scene since I blew the motor during hurricane isabel (3-4 years?), I have not been to any meets either so I have no clue about anyone, I don't keep up with it. Infact I couldnt show you two 10second civics right now if you asked me. I can point at a couple cars at langley if you want since that's about the only outside event I go to thats car related.

The initial argument I started was blackout saying focus aren't fast, that I can prove wrong.

You asked if I can point out local 10-11second focuses, I can't point out ANY 10-11 second local cars (focuses civics or 240's) besides shit I find on the internet. You win.

Last edited by Focal E46; 08-24-2006 at 06:20 AM.
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:18 AM
#XV

A 2000 Focus ZX3 only makes 130hp to the crank. That would mean about 100hp to the wheels at the most, meaning that the a bolt on turbo kit, with no other mods added 200hp.
Old 08-24-2006 | 06:20 AM
#XV

I haven't been in the focus scene since I blew the motor during hurricane isabel (3-4 years?), I have not been to any meets either so I have no clue about anyone, I don't keep up with it. Infact I couldnt show you two 10second civics right now if you asked me. I can point at a couple cars at langley if you want since that's about the only outside event I go to thats car related.
Wait...you said you knew of several Foci in the 10-12 sec range locally, and provided specs. You then said a second time that they were local. Now I ask you about them and you tell me you don't know? Are the local or not?

Quick Reply: Focus people