Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Furture Classics

Old 11-21-2011, 03:58 PM
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Furture Classics

1993 camry is a classic
Old 11-21-2011, 08:06 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

new mini cooper

1999-2011 beetle

toyota altezza will be a cult classic
Old 11-22-2011, 04:02 AM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Pontiac Aztek WILL BE THE BEST KEPT SECRET EVER!!!!!

Kinda like the yugo...
Old 11-22-2011, 04:10 AM
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

Originally Posted by Reloaded
The RX7 has a much more timeless design. When you see one on the road today it looks like it could be a modern car.
While I agree that the FD is a good looking car it is not timeless at all and screams 1995. How many modern cars have pop up head lights? The whole jelly bean, no sharp edges design theme is totally 90's, especially for Japanese cars. Look at the Supra, 300ZX, Miata, RX7, C5, etc.... Everything today is sharp edges and fixed HID headlights.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:13 AM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

IMO the only cars that will have "collector car status" in twenty years are those with very limited production runs. Imports like the FD RX7 and MKIV Supra will probably fall into the category along with cars like the GT500, Terminator Cobra, NSX, Ford Lightning F150 (maybe), E30 M3, M5 and a few others that are slipping my mind. Collectibility seems to be a direct function of availability in many cases and modern cars are produced on such a massive scale that I don't see many cars like the new Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers attaining collector car status w/ the exception of special edition models.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:20 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

Most japanese cars will be an "enthusiasts classic". I can't see the 3G TL Type S ever being a classic car but to a TL enthusiast it'll be the shit in 20 years. Same goes for most of the cars listed here.

Last edited by Otacon; 11-22-2011 at 06:31 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:16 AM
Registered member

Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall

Originally Posted by Archer
IMO the only cars that will have "collector car status" in twenty years are those with very limited production runs. Imports like the FD RX7 and MKIV Supra will probably fall into the category along with cars like the GT500, Terminator Cobra, NSX, Ford Lightning F150 (maybe), E30 M3, M5 and a few others that are slipping my mind. Collectibility seems to be a direct function of availability in many cases and modern cars are produced on such a massive scale that I don't see many cars like the new Mustangs/Camaros/Challengers attaining collector car status w/ the exception of special edition models.
more mustangs were sold in the 60's than the 00's just like those nolan ryan cards I threw away it is hard to tell who what people will be willing to pay big bucks for in 20-30 years

not to mention the classic car prices are as bad as the stock market. I turned down offers for my car of 30K now I'm probably closer to 23K after I touch up some blemishes luckily I'm not in a hurry to get rid of it
Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 AM
Banned

White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil White Devil

No one in here has mentioned a very important part of collectability aside from the production run and desirability.

Its called survivability.........

Back in the 60's and 70's (and earlier...), there were fewer cars and trucks on the road and more skilled drivers by comparison to todays standards. They were built tougher (no (body) crumple zones, less fiberglass and plastic, heavier construction, stronger materials, etc...) than todays carbon fiber spaceship model airplane glue-together shit, easier to maintain (because the majority of the owners actually took more time to learn about their vehicles, or at the very least got them serviced more regularly, to save themselves money down the line...), and the owners themselves tended to be more attentive to their fellow drivers and their cars in sharing the road.

Today, there are more cars and trucks out there and less skilled drivers (including large portions of absolute dipwad fucks that should never have been released from a sanitarium...) to drive them. They are constructed FOR the general purpose of crumpling in so that when one dipwad crosses the proximity barrier of another dipwad, the tree squid caught inbetween has a 45% chance of survival. This means they are lighter, "plastier", and far more fragile than before, making them shoddy by general design and harder to maintain (READ: DISPOSABLE - if it fucks up... get a new one.)

And fuh-get about actually taking the time to LEARN something about your vehicle... thats what car forums and eBay are for....

And we havent even talked about how to drive yet.

If I were to pull out an average from my ass... given the number of foreigners-to-Americans ratio... and factoring in...

1: Fat-fucks (cant see over the jelly roll theyre trying to eat while driving)
2: Airheads (cant seem to get their lipgloss and eyeliner on correctly at 45MPH)
3: Douchebags (cant seem to rip the amoeba-like leech that is sucking their brain dry through their left ear off their head because their significant other is boinking/getting boinked in the bunghole at the moment and they need all the juicy details RIGHT THEN)
4: Geek-fucks (cant tear their eyes and right hand off their crackberry long enough to stop texting Jessica that shes a nymphomaniac slut-cum-ridden-whore for letting someone boink her in the bunghole)
5: Corp-tards (GOTTA TRADE DEM BICHES OFF AT 95!!!!!!!!!! SELL!!! SELL!!!! SELL!!!!! FUCK!!!!! SELL!!!!! SHOW ME DA MONEY!!!!!!!!!)
6: Dope-addicts......

Wait....

WHUT....?

7: And other assorted miscreants, criminals, and ne'er-do-wells.

About 95% of this fine country cannot drive for shit at least more than half the time spent while on the road in any given locale, at any given time, to any given destination.

This percentage increases EXPONENTIALLY when you get closer to Virginia.

And completely off the chain in Richmond (so I hear...).

So, no. I dont see a single car made after '73 as being collectable. It would actually have to survive 30 years before it could even be considered.

And I forget the rest of the joke, but your mothers a whore.

Last edited by White Devil; 11-22-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 AM
141.12 kHz

Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon Otacon

^fuckin right.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:44 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Cars that had limited runs, like the Galant VR4, Solstice/Sky, Ford GT, Prowler, 1st gen Viper, Delorean, Starion, Shelby Charger, 93 Cobra, SSP Mustangs..

Quick Reply: Furture Classics