Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Furture Classics

Old 11-22-2011, 07:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.
Default Re: Furture Classics

Originally Posted by buugiewuugie
Cars that had limited runs, like the Galant VR4, Solstice/Sky, Ford GT, Prowler, 1st gen Viper, Delorean, Starion, Shelby Charger, 93 Cobra..

Ford gt maybe. But the rest of them I highly doubt it. Shelby chargers are like mustang II's no one wants them. Even though there weren't fox body cobras out for a long time there are still a lot of them.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:52 AM
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

GNX is the only 80's car that will remain a collector/high dollar piece. thats my thughts on it.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:53 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

Originally Posted by Cindy_Lou_Who
Ford gt maybe. But the rest of them I highly doubt it. Shelby chargers are like mustang II's no one wants them. Even though there weren't fox body cobras out for a long time there are still a lot of them.
Its a Shelby car, it will be wanted one day.

And their were only like 5k 93 Cobras made and it was the first SVT produced if I remember right. Seems to me like that is a good resume to have on an auction block in 20 years.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:55 AM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

Its a Shelby car, it will be wanted one day.

And their were only like 5k 93 Cobras made and it was the first SVT produced if I remember right. Seems to me like that is a good resume to have on an auction block in 20 years.
They made 86 SVO fox bodies. Those are more sought after than the 93 cobras. SVO and SVT are the same company they just changed names mid run.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Originally Posted by DonkeyPunch
GNX is the only 80's car that will remain a collector/high dollar piece. thats my thughts on it.
Maybe the Typhoon and Syclone, ZR1 Vette, 91-92 Firehawk, 1LE IROC's, to name a few others that might make it.

They made 86 SVO fox bodies. Those are more sought after than the 93 cobras. SVO and SVT are the same company they just changed names mid run.
Forgot about these. Also the 93 Cobra R
Old 11-22-2011, 08:02 AM
Zombies found Waldo

buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie buugiewuugie

From what I read SVO was kept around to make parts. SVT was created to build cars. Kind of to take over what SVO couldn't accomodate. So it's not the same company, SVT was a whole new company.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Ford formed the Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) group to design and develop performance parts and accessories related to the company's racing programs.

SVT is an arm of Ford Motor Company responsible for the development of the company's highest-performance vehicles.

But they call it Ford Racing Technology (FRT) now.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Registered member

Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall Digger70chall

Omni GLH and GLHS

e30 M3

and Grand Nationals

Cars from the 80's I would love to have.

I would take a '91 Spirit R/T if I had a junkyard of spare parts lying around
Old 11-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Cars that had limited runs, like the Galant VR4, Solstice/Sky, Ford GT, Prowler, 1st gen Viper, Delorean, Starion, Shelby Charger, 93 Cobra, SSP Mustangs..
See this...
Originally Posted by Sun Wukong
My car is 1 of 3000 ever sent to the states and it isnt worth shit...never will be either lol
Old 12-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

Bollocks.

All of the following will be or already are collector's items, all from the 80's:

-E30 M3
-E28 M5
-E24 635Csi
-MB 190e Cosworth
-MA60 Supra (amazing what nice ones are going for now)
-35th Anniversary C4 Corvette (the all-white one)
-DR30 RS-Turbo Skyline
-Renault Turbo 5
-930 911 Turbo
-Lancia Delta Integrale
-Mitsu/Chrysler StarQuest (just coming back up, but nice ones will be worth a lot)

There are tons more if I thought about it for awhile, and this obviously doesn't count notable exotics of the time as they're sort of collectible by definition (i.e. F40, Testarossa, M1, Countach, etc etc)

Quick Reply: Furture Classics