Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

gator grip socket?

Old 02-25-2008, 09:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default Re: gator grip socket?

well today i went to sears and bought one of those nut remover sockets. came in several sizes and meant for automotive lugs so we will see how it works.

also found out i can order a work key lock so i went ahead and did that. im going to wait for that and probably return the sears product. work said they use teh same key for about 85% of that model lug nut sold. for $25 shipped i hope hes right!
Old 02-26-2008, 05:47 PM

Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of

well my friend finalized a deal on an s2k so we had to swap wheels and i had to use the sears tool. worked like a charm although it kinda messed up the locks. they can still be used though so all is good. waiting on my key to tighten them.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Registered Member

GreenHeart is an unknown quantity at this point

i tried that (gator grip socket) when i lost the key for the lugs on my durango. it was too big to fit in the hole in the rim and the lugnut was recessed. i ended up getting a 12 point socket and grinding it down so it would fit in the hole. it workid fine. I never did find the key and now just use the ground down 12point socket.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz stikrz

Originally Posted by intence
i've heard about that but that means id mess it up

ill have to hit up walmart or whatever and see it in person i suppose.
i keep sockets around that use for this prupose. i "sacrifice" old crappy sockets so i dont feel bad about fuckin up a good snapon or mac socket.
Old 02-28-2008, 10:26 AM
JDM AS FAK

VTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud ofVTDr0p0ut has much to be proud of

Those things seem to break pretty easily unless you sit them just right, then turn carefully at the beginning. once they've locked on, they seem to be invincible, but if one of the prongs isn't "seated", a very sad sound will come from the socket as it breaks.... Happened 3 times...
Old 02-28-2008, 11:10 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

i bought a craftsman (crapsman) set of easy outs (gator grips) and they held up decently when i stripped the bolt on my flywheel but broke when i tried to get my friends lug off his car. split right down the center and apparently they dont warranty them.
Old 02-28-2008, 11:27 AM

as mentioned earlier.. the sears tool worked although sort of damaged my locks. they are still usable thank god