Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Geico.

Old 03-31-2006, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R
Default Re: Geico.

Originally Posted by da-nteg
Nationwide saw me when i pulled up and told me "we cant insure that car" I looked outside and saw what he was looking at. My 88 honda civic BEATER hatchback that is lowered and exhaust... i was like why? Because its not stock.

I hate insurance company's.
yeah insurance companies suck, but they are trying to make money so of course they won't want to insure a car that might even look like you'd get a ticket or into an accident.
Old 04-02-2006, 03:08 PM
OG from 2000

SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94 SHOFEAR94

Maybe I can chime in since I currently work for GEICO and Im in the service department. Because I care about all my fellow dragva'ers I will tell you when you call for insurance do not say "yeah I have an aftermarket turbo and $500 in neon lights and ricer equipment' That will not be covered and after market power adders are generally not allowed.
Education background can be and is allowed to be used for insurance purposes. Remember, everything runs around statistics when it comes to car insurance so if you are a high school drop out and work at McDonalds you probably wont be placed in the highest bracket of driver. They do NOT solely base your rates on that becuase I dont have a 4 year degree and have had GEICO for 3 years and I am in their preferred bracket. Also, alot of people have tossed out insurance rates for their cars but what are your deductables, Liability limits, and rated location (zip code)? I do not have minimal liability and have full coverage on a 2002 Lexus and a 1998 V8 Jeep and pay about $135/mo.

Last edited by SHOFEAR94; 04-02-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 04-03-2006, 05:34 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by SHOFEAR94
Maybe I can chime in since I currently work for GEICO and Im in the service department. Because I care about all my fellow dragva'ers I will tell you when you call for insurance do not say "yeah I have an aftermarket turbo and $500 in neon lights and ricer equipment' That will not be covered and after market power adders are generally not allowed.
Education background can be and is allowed to be used for insurance purposes. Remember, everything runs around statistics when it comes to car insurance so if you are a high school drop out and work at McDonalds you probably wont be placed in the highest bracket of driver. They do NOT solely base your rates on that becuase I dont have a 4 year degree and have had GEICO for 3 years and I am in their preferred bracket. Also, alot of people have tossed out insurance rates for their cars but what are your deductables, Liability limits, and rated location (zip code)? I do not have minimal liability and have full coverage on a 2002 Lexus and a 1998 V8 Jeep and pay about $135/mo.
I really wish I could've worked with you guys Chris... or atleast gave it a shot before going in Military.

I remember calling Geico about my 97 Talon in 2003.
Op: "Sir, does your car have any mods of any kind?".....
Me: "Umm...err... yeah".
Op: "What are they?" ....
Me: "Intake and exhaust....."
Op: "Sir does your car have any other mods?"....
Me: "Yeah, it kinda' does..."...
Op: "Sir, please list them off to me.."
Me: "Springs, turbo, fuel, blah, blah...."
Op: "..... Minimal Va Standards... Full Coverage, $1k deductible... $290/mo.". ... "Do you have a VISA so we can get you started today?"
Me: "No, not interested sorry."

19, W.Male, Dependant, no Marriage/kids, 1yr. driver
-Citium2012 (Chris)
Old 04-04-2006, 07:10 PM
05 Aspen White STI

DC2_R has disabled reputation

Been with Geico for 7 years. They paid for two stolen cars and haven't had any complaints. When I had my Type R I was only paying $74 a month full coverage with a 250 deductible, got the TSX and it went up only to $82, older than 25 though. If I were you I would consider getting a cheaper deductible, $1000 is really high, at that rate it would take something pretty serious to happen to your car before insurance would kick in.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:27 PM
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve

damn dude, whats ur driving record look like?