Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Good or Bad deal?

Old 11-24-2005, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tmac1129 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Good or Bad deal?

prolly not too much more than a gasket...those V6's are prone to that shit. even if it is fucked up you get a nice shell for a good deal. engines aren't that much really...you could probably find one at a good price
Old 11-25-2005, 06:13 AM
Registered Member

nosman757 has disabled reputation

I found a guy that has a motor for like 900 bucks with a tranny and stuff but it isn't turbo
Old 11-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

If its the DOHC motor, then jump on it. The SOHC and DOHC trannies are the same. If you plan to keep it as a DD that is, cuz I don't know if you'll be satisfied with a high 14sec. car. Mid 14s with bolt ons.

http://www.daveblack.net/asp/3SiSpecs.asp

Those are the specs. If its an R/T that means you're getting Digital Climate control, Electronically Controlled Suspension, ABS, 5 star safety crash test rating, heated side mirrors, Electronically adjustable 12 way Leather seating, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember.

Now go cop that bitch already! lol.

Thing with the non turbo cars is that you hit a brick wall pretty fast. Intake, downpipe, testpipe, 3' exhaust, crank pulley, upgraded clutch, fidanza flywheel, SAFC II. Those, while VERY effective, I think are the only mods you can do with out spending shitloads of money.

Testpipe (race pipe that eliminates the cat) is a reported 7 hp gain on a stock car, and the 3sx performance downpipe is a reported 13 hp gain from a stock car. SAFC is like 8hp, but also gives you better gas mileage since these cars run rich stock.

Its a great Sport/Luxury coupe, but I woudln't expect more from it unless you're donig a TT conversion/swap.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

KhanArtisT has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rollinna65
Don't drop a bunch of money into that car. I would use it as a DD or a backup vehicle and be very happy with the deal you got. My buddy has now owned 2 TT cars and they have a lot of problems and are expensive to fix. The transfer case and tranny are not as strong as they need to be for that motor. The base model that he owned, however, was very reliable.
This one is an NA being MUCH more reliable, and yes the TT aftermarket as well as replacement stuff is VERY expensive.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:45 AM
www.TeamDOHC.org

Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy Boost Happy

Damn I wish I could find one at such a good deal... I know where a motor is I can buy for just like 300bucks low milage
Old 11-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Registered Member

nosman757 has disabled reputation

damn that is a good price 300 bucks but yeah I am also fixing my other truck so I am kinda puttin money in it right now it has a blown head gasket too lol