Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: EVO or STi
EVO
38.53%
Sti
61.47%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

HELP ME DECIDED!!!!! EVO or STi

Old 03-12-2004, 05:34 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: HELP ME DECIDED!!!!! EVO or STi

Haven't you been wanting an EVO for a long time?
Old 03-12-2004, 05:35 AM
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

STi, STi, STi, need I say more. The exterior and interior of the STi is way nicer and better looking, and there is plenty of aftermarket I know of for the STi, I don't know if there is much yet for the EVO.
Old 03-12-2004, 05:38 AM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally Posted by SuPraScOObY
i had the same predicament and look where i went...haha

6spd vs 5spd.....if you go with the EVO you go with the DSM reliability package....SHIT haha so far havent heard of many problems with subarus
but DSMs are a whole diff story....herd bout evos breaking down trannys clutches blahblah that is if youre going to be running the car hard
the STi handling is awesome...unless youre a autox king then the STi handling should suffice

the only thing that i really liked about the EVO vs the STi are the seats...
the EVOVII and down look way better too
if anyone ever wondered why i posted that dsm thread in spo, this is why.

once again, NOT everything mitsubishi is a dsm.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:32 AM
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

the evo 8 has been out long than the new sti...so there are more parts. sure, the sti has more stock performance than the evo but if ur plannin on puttin parts on, get the evo 8.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:46 AM
Stock is best.

SinceNine19 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they both look hot designwise, I think they both are respectable fast cars, however, I almost bought a WRX before my SRT4, and I would go with the STi, Subaru is a very good reliable car, and very strong. 300hp 4cylinder. My god, get the STi, it destroys things. They kick my ass allday long, I have beaten one before though from a roll, but probably just luck.

However we cannot decide for you, test drive them both, get what you feel most comfortable in, when I first was going to get a new car, I looked at the Acura RSX-S also, however, I test drove it, hated it, helped me decide on SRT4, so test drive them, feel them out, then make your own decision bud. You'll know your car when you drive it.
Old 03-12-2004, 06:57 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

EVO VIII MR.

Yes, I am biased.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:14 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

EVO with the 6-speed option.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:21 AM
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, if you can hold out for the MR, then do it for sure.

Definitely drive both of them first off. I can give you a ride in my EVO if you are serious about buying one pm me. It is a very nice drive.

Really, if you like to drag race, get the STI. If you like to road race, get either one. If you want more of a daily driver, get the STI, if you want more of a race car, get the EVO. Both or fast as snot. The EVO is easier/cheaper to mod and the engine is proven to be bulletproof. The jury is still out on the 2.5 liter subie motor. If you don't want to do too many mods, just get the one that looks better to you because there really isn't much preformance difference right off. If you just want to drag race people, do not get the EVO. The clutch and transfer case do not take kindly to abuse. I drive very hard and have had zero problems after 17k miles. That is not the case for a lot of other people that like to launch the EVO. I think the STI drivetrain will take the abuse a bit better. The EVO's block can take MEGA boost and make good hp #'s with good reliability. Road racing is where it's at with the EVO.
Old 03-12-2004, 07:47 AM
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Get the evo. Evo outperformed sti in handling on a road course done by car and driver. Either car you will enjoy very much so.
Old 03-12-2004, 09:10 AM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

im still for the evo. sti and evo are both awsome platforms for supercars. because out the box they pretty much are. ive had the pleasure of sitting in both haha and both were adiquit for daily driving. but the evo suited me better. i think honestly its up to what you want to do with it. ive seen the evo perform on the street course and it was awsome. i dont kno about the sti. im sure its just as good.

Quick Reply: HELP ME DECIDED!!!!! EVO or STi