Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: shoez's New Ride
2006 BMW M6
28.68%
2006 Mercedes Benz CL65 AMG
13.97%
2006 Mercedes Benz G500
2.21%
2007 Range Rover Supercharged
22.06%
Other (Please specify)
33.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Help shoez Pick His Dream Car

Old 02-10-2010, 05:25 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
g230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Help shoez Pick His Dream Car

Originally Posted by 3Point5SE
If my kid got a full scholarship and I have a decent amount of money (I hope I'm loaded by that time), hey I may give him a 20g car or something, he would have earned it working his ass off in school. He could work for it with a real job and get poor grades and not go to a college, or he could work for it by getting good grades and getting a full scholarship and not have me paying for shit.

If I'm poor I'll be like fuck that shit, here is a football.... learn how to find your way to the endzone
dude, i agree with you totally!

i did enjoy my free ride while it lasted, i got good grades etc. but when my dad started telling me things were getting tough(bills, mortage, etc) i pretty much took it on my own to start working. its a concept most kids at my age(15.5 at the time) couldnt comprehend. so, instead of him having to pay for my things(clothes, food, car insurance, cars, parts etc) i paid that on my own, so he could focus on everything that was bad. and i chipped in.

most kids at my age now(19) live life partying, college, girls, just living the good life. while i bust my ass 5 days a week, 60+ hours a week, and yet, i enjoy my life just as much, seeing that everything i own, or have, is mine, in my name. and that is something nobody can take from you.

i call it pride.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM
VIVA LA FRONTERA

shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez shoez

Originally Posted by g230sport
i had shitty grades from then on... but i bought everything on my own, in my name, with my own money.
I didn't have shitty grades in high school, and now I am being rewarded for the work by universities and family members alike.

i take it your a kid who has had a free ride through life. and imo, if you keep living off mommy and daddy, your setting yourself up for failure. good luck wanting to work after having a free ride your whole life. also, i know that if a car is given to you, it wont be taken care of, nor respected because it was given to you.
You and several other members seem to know an awful lot about who I am and where I've come from. It is, however, important to know that speaking about things of which you have no knowledge makes you seem like a supreme faggot.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 PM
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

dude, i agree with you totally!

i did enjoy my free ride while it lasted, i got good grades etc. but when my dad started telling me things were getting tough(bills, mortage, etc) i pretty much took it on my own to start working. its a concept most kids at my age(15.5 at the time) couldnt comprehend. so, instead of him having to pay for my things(clothes, food, car insurance, cars, parts etc) i paid that on my own, so he could focus on everything that was bad. and i chipped in.

most kids at my age now(19) live life partying, college, girls, just living the good life. while i bust my ass 5 days a week, 60+ hours a week, and yet, i enjoy my life just as much, seeing that everything i own, or have, is mine, in my name. and that is something nobody can take from you.

i call it pride.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

for the sake of not being a fgt, i'll tell you the truth.

most of the people who aren't being douches are right. your car will get fucked in college. however, if you aren't taking it, why do you need it?

the S85 motor in the M6 is not known for reliability. At $40-50,000, you're not looking at something with a whole lot of warranty left, and repairs on what was originally a $100,000 car are not pretty.

if you're dead set on getting a car (and I can't fault you), then get something like this:

or like someone else said, an STi.
maybe even an IS350.

do something smart, not something that you feel rewards yourself in the short term.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Kid... you arent listening to people whove been there done that. Sure youre excited about the prospect of getting a kickass car for zero work... fine, yes most would be, but not everyone would come and post on a forum to discuss it when its not a done deal. You dont have a full ride offer and havent accepted anything.

You mention Drexel... have you ever been up there? You ever been in/around Philly? Your car will get fucking destroyed. Your cool ass car will become annoying after the wow/cool wears off.

Nobody will care about your car up there... seriously... get a college car and get your dad to buy you a killer pad. One of my suite-mats in college cam from a family with a net worth over $20 mil... his sophmore year his father bought a $700k new-construction house over by W&Ms law school for him and his buddies to live in for their college years. Place was freaking awesome... parties were great.

One problem... dude and friends were heavy into drugs... one day Dad made an unplanned visit from Cali.... just to surprise and check up on them... assuming he expected what was going on. House got sold and dude-bro got cut-off.

But again... you do what you want, but you came on here asking for advice and some of us are trying to give it to you to allow you to have a kick-ass time in college.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:11 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

OP. look at used 07+ cadillac CTS-V's. since none of us here can dissuade you, you would be best served in something that doesnt SCREAM im a douche with too much money. fresh outta highschool i gotta agree with everyone else, a high-horsepower car aint a great idea. but if you have the itch and gotta scratch it, the cts-v is a combo of lux and power. you can grab one with a decent amount of warranty left on it, its not horrible on gas, the maintenance isnt astronomical, and you can fit a few ladies in it. also, they can be had for 10 grand less than your max budget so then you have a classy car, that wont break the bank, has enough power to get you into trouble, but subdued enough to be daily driven and you wont come outside to people sitting on it.

if you are dead set on spending every penny, get the range rover and call it a day.

side-note, if you are smart enough to get a full ride based on merit, you are smart enough to see the investment opportunities at hand now. mark my words, there are fortunes about to be made in the next 4-5 years. why not compromise? take half and buy something with some grunt and lux, and put the other half into some smart stocks. ride the wave and set yourself up for success.. you have alot of growing to do man, the next four years are going to be a trip no matter what path you take. dont jew yourself from the get-go.

and please. dont drive like a tard. theres a time and a place for everything.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

g230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these parts

this thread shows america is a fail

rich fucks buying spoiled kids rediculous cars

and everybody having everything handed to them

im biased. i was born into a med. class family, and was raised to WORK with my hands for everything in life.

old saying

"rich get richer, poor get poorer"

seems about right.

enjoy your high dollar life kid.

peace nig
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 PM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

this thread shows america is a fail

rich fucks buying spoiled kids rediculous cars

and everybody having everything handed to them

blah, blah, blah

enjoy your high dollar life kid.

peace nig
the assumption that all kids with wealthy parents don't work for shit is a bit off. sure, maybe a large percentage do... but there are plenty of people who work their asses off despite the lump in daddy's wallet.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:29 PM
sccooopp

Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat

64 impala?

Last edited by Dearhat; 02-10-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:32 PM
sccooopp

Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat Dearhat

dbl post. my b.

Quick Reply: Help shoez Pick His Dream Car