Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: shoez's New Ride
2006 BMW M6
28.68%
2006 Mercedes Benz CL65 AMG
13.97%
2006 Mercedes Benz G500
2.21%
2007 Range Rover Supercharged
22.06%
Other (Please specify)
33.09%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Help shoez Pick His Dream Car

Old 02-11-2010, 05:03 AM
Blang Blang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com
Default Re: Help shoez Pick His Dream Car

Originally Posted by blackout
blah blah blah
no offense but not everyone has the desire to go to college, myself included. i have never been a fan of school ( i didnt do horrible in high school, but i wasnt a super great honor student or anything either) and i never had the desire to go to college after i graduated. i did go to automotive school and graduated from there with flying colors but i knew traditional post high school education was not for me. i mean i know people that wanted to work on cars or do bodywork for living, that is what they desired doing with their lives, so they did, and they are truly happy doing it. so saying that just because somebody doesnt go to college and is making a ton of money does not mean they dont live happy lives.

and as far as the OP and the car go. if you feel like you need to have one of the above cars as a "status" item or something to that effect more power to you, but i would def. take the advice of those in this thread that have been through the university process already.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:44 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by sumospeed.com
no offense but not everyone has the desire to go to college, myself included. i have never been a fan of school ( i didnt do horrible in high school, but i wasnt a super great honor student or anything either) and i never had the desire to go to college after i graduated. i did go to automotive school and graduated from there with flying colors but i knew traditional post high school education was not for me. i mean i know people that wanted to work on cars or do bodywork for living, that is what they desired doing with their lives, so they did, and they are truly happy doing it. so saying that just because somebody doesnt go to college and is making a ton of money does not mean they dont live happy lives.

and as far as the OP and the car go. if you feel like you need to have one of the above cars as a "status" item or something to that effect more power to you, but i would def. take the advice of those in this thread that have been through the university process already.
You missed the point. I didn't go to college either, I worked my ass off to compensate for my lack of a degree in a technical field. And my point wasn't that people who don't go to college can't lead happy lives. That would be an idiotic assumption. My point was that I don't think the guy I quoted is as happy as he says he is because he's too worried about a kid his age getting nice things 'handed' to him.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:02 AM
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

muh bad

now go get another s13
Old 02-11-2010, 06:07 AM
1/2 man 1/2 amazing

specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154 specialblend154

like many people already stated i would just wait until after school to get the car. if you get something that nice during school its just goign to get trashed, keyed, dinged up and it will eventually alienate you from certain people.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:45 AM
Out of mind, BRB....

Drake69 has disabled reputation

1997-98 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo. If it's gonna be expensive, might as well go all out.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Registered Member

g230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these parts

hey, i truly am happy with my life.

i went to Mount Vernon highschool, where it was either the hood kids and gangsters, or the yacht haven rich fucks.

ive been around kids who have had everything in life handed to them, sure, it makes me jealous, it makes me mad in a way almost.

but fuck it, damn near everything in my life, i have worked for or earned. now... i have inherited alot of things...probably close to 100k$ in tools and boxes, and my dads old 67 barracuda race car, also my dads bass boat, and my dads 93 f250...

so, i cant say i have it too bad, i think i was probably stoned when i typed those out... that and being indoors all day has gotten to me.

OP, my b

rest of the posters, my b
Old 02-11-2010, 07:21 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by g230sport
hey, i truly am happy with my life.

i went to Mount Vernon highschool, where it was either the hood kids and gangsters, or the yacht haven rich fucks.

ive been around kids who have had everything in life handed to them, sure, it makes me jealous, it makes me mad in a way almost.

but fuck it, damn near everything in my life, i have worked for or earned. now... i have inherited alot of things...probably close to 100k$ in tools and boxes, and my dads old 67 barracuda race car, also my dads bass boat, and my dads 93 f250...

so, i cant say i have it too bad, i think i was probably stoned when i typed those out... that and being indoors all day has gotten to me.

OP, my b

rest of the posters, my b
see, you had me until the stoned part...

whatever. to some people they're happy if they have their drugs. completely oxymoronic to me...
Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 AM
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

there is some legitimate hating going on in this thread, and it kind of pisses me off.

this country needs people like you. you won't understand it because you're not educated, and from the way you're carrying on it's likely beyond your capacity to understand, and that's not your fault. if everyone was intelligent and driven enough to educate themselves and find well-paying, rewarding careers then who would be around to bust their knuckles for meager wages?

sincerely, i hope you are enjoying your life, but i can't take you seriously when you say it. if you were enjoying your life as much as you claim, then why the fuck are you so up in arms about this kid's prospect of getting a 45-50k car?

i agree with the consensus that no college kid should have a nice car; not only is it impractical, but it's dangerous, particularly considering putting a 19 year old in a 500+ hp car, but also with the prospect of what type of environment you're putting your kid in by making him the focal point for jealousy-induced acts of stupidity.

that being said, i see where your dad is coming from, but unless you end up going to like an ivy league school where you're competing with kids rolling up in rolls' and bentleys, or at least SOMEWHERE other than philly, i highly, highly recommend you seek another form of transportation. personally, if i was your dad, i would GLADLY reward you with a nice, comfortable, SAFE, volvo. or maybe i could be convinced into an acura, or at the very absolute top of the spectrum, a 135i.

what's wrong with a high-end tuner car like an evo or sti? e36 m3? supra, maybe? fuck dude, i don't see how you could go wrong with any of these, plus that gives you enough spare cash to make it your own.

imo, it will feel much better when you're in a position to truly enjoy the high-class car when you get it. just focus on school, and pick a field that shows promise and that you enjoy. if you decide to get your 'dream car' right now, imagine what people like the ones hating in here are going to say/do in person when they see you in it, or worse, when they don't see anyone around it???
+rep
Old 02-11-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered Member

g230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these partsg230sport is infamous around these parts

see, you had me until the stoned part...

whatever. to some people they're happy if they have their drugs. completely oxymoronic to me...

hey dude... my job, my life, my world, is filled with stress...

most people drink away their problems, i smoke.

what i do shouldnt matter to anyone else. i do what i have to do to remain calm, cool and collective lol.

also, i was stating that because i read through my previous posts and realized they were stupid, that was the reason why...
Old 02-11-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered member

Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol Will Sol

Originally Posted by g230sport
nor would i want them.

/ rant
You Sir, are a god damn liar. If you could have cars in that price range you wouldn't turn your nose up.

Quick Reply: Help shoez Pick His Dream Car