Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Holy shit! Meguiar's NXT is the best wax EVER!

Old 03-21-2004, 09:20 AM
Tom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom
Default Re: Holy shit! Meguiar's NXT is the best wax EVER!

i'll stick w/ my method. wash car w/ Dawn to strip your paint down to the clear coat, dry w/ the Absorber, clay bar it, apply Meguiars professional line number 7, and then professional line number 26.
Old 03-21-2004, 09:25 AM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by AWishForWings
i'll stick w/ my method. wash car w/ Dawn to strip your paint down to the clear coat, dry w/ the Absorber, clay bar it, apply Meguiars professional line number 7, and then professional line number 26.
Same here, but I have no idea how to use the claybar so mine turned into a big rolled up ball
Old 03-21-2004, 10:02 AM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

You guys are crazy doing all that stuff. I was the car with Dawn, hop in it as soon as I'm done, hop on the highway to dry it off. Come back and spray on No Touch Tire care and I'm done.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by AWishForWings
That's the exact method I was using... I'm still going to clay the car a few times a year, but use NXT. The shine is noticeabley better than 7 + 26.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:10 AM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of

I just finished polishing my car with the NXT and I must admit that the application and removal was very nice. Easy on and off. I didn't go with my normal 3 step process of stripping and then rebuilding the shine, but a quick wash and then a thin application of NXT and the car looks pretty good. Not a bad product in my opinion. And this was on 10 year old paint.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:19 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

i love it....wish it would cover up my sctratches though
Old 03-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

It made what little swirl marks I have disappear... deep scratches require some compounding w/ a buffer. Meguiar's scratch-x is goo b/c it removes the majority of scratches w/ out being as agressive as a true rubbing compound.
Old 03-21-2004, 01:04 PM
Tom

Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom Tom

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
It made what little swirl marks I have disappear... deep scratches require some compounding w/ a buffer. Meguiar's scratch-x is goo b/c it removes the majority of scratches w/ out being as agressive as a true rubbing compound.
scratch-x is garbage... meguiars pro #9 is a LOT better.
Old 03-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Is this the stuff in a tan bottle? If so I was at work checking it out today, I was thinking about buying it too.
Old 03-21-2004, 06:47 PM
Fanboi

No the tan bottles are Meguiar's "Professional" products. They contain no paint cleaners at all where as the stuff in the red bottles all has a mild paint cleaner in it. The NXT is in this funky puple bottle with a sparkley lable w/ a gay import on it.

Quick Reply: Holy shit! Meguiar's NXT is the best wax EVER!