Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

how much is a no insurance ticket.

Old 10-17-2008 | 08:12 PM
sexy party!

jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester jester
Default Re: how much is a no insurance ticket.

I don't understand why you wouldn't insure it even before you actually picked it up. I've always put the car I was buying on my policy a number of days before I went and got it just in case something happened on the way home. What if you totaled the vehicle and didn't have insurance on it? You just bought a multiple thousand dollar pile of shit. I mean how long does it take? A ten minute phone call to get that done?

Originally Posted by slowMR2
tommy gun is right you pay dmv the fee bc you didnt have it and you were driving i got fuck when i bought my car and got pulled over while driving it to my house with no plates and the cop was a total dick. towed the car and got a no insurance, no plates, and no registration tickets, had to pay dmv 610 for the insurance shit and title/registration. even thou i switched my insurance over that day.
thats not being a dick, that's doing his job. I would have had your shit towed too if I pulled you over, especially since it didn't have insurance on it. That's protecting you and the other drivers on the road. I got pulled over on the way home from picking up my last car but the cop was fine because I had insurance, bill of sale and the rest of my paperwork in order. Let me go without a problem.

Last edited by jester; 10-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 10-17-2008 | 08:15 PM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

Damn that shit sucks.
Old 10-17-2008 | 08:38 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

fix it and show the judge on your court date, theres a chance he may drop it.
Old 10-17-2008 | 08:49 PM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Gonna have to pay the DMV a $500 fee, court cost + fine, also SR22 (or whatever its called now)
Old 10-17-2008 | 09:28 PM
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by RandomTask
Gonna have to pay the DMV a $500 fee, court cost + fine, also SR22 (or whatever its called now)
yup. Happened to my dad. Bought a car for my sister and registered it. But idiot didnt know that if it has tags, needs insurance. I guess he figured it was goin to sit and not be driven for over a yr, it didnt need insurance. Well he got hit pretty good with everything in the quote. And the car still hasnt been driven.
Old 10-17-2008 | 11:42 PM
skeeet.

ksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to beholdksteeeezy is a splendid one to behold

thanks to everyone for their help.
Old 10-18-2008 | 04:03 AM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

Originally Posted by jester

That's protecting you and the other drivers on the road.
QFT.

OP, ever have to pay to have your own car fixed because some idiot slammed into and didn't have insurance?
Old 10-18-2008 | 04:54 AM
Poop Ban-nana owns U

BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme BCisme

Originally Posted by yeldak99
QFT.

OP, ever have to pay to have your own car fixed because some idiot slammed into and didn't have insurance?
that's why you carry full coverage. so you don't have to worry about that.
Old 10-18-2008 | 05:56 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

So you got a no insurance ticket and you want to buy illegal inspections stickers? You are a winner.
Old 10-18-2008 | 07:22 AM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

Originally Posted by BCisme
that's why you carry full coverage. so you don't have to worry about that.
You still have to pay the deductible.

Quick Reply: how much is a no insurance ticket.