Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Initial D

Old 08-30-2003, 08:13 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Three5Zero has disabled reputation

go to Bill's Flea market on the Blvd theres an anime shop there, they got all the initial D episodes for like 150. As for me i ordered mine online for 120.
Old 08-30-2003, 09:08 AM
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

Originally posted by fREsHNUtS
i think the american verison is gonna suck...id just gett the japanese ones they seem better
no, it is going to suck.

tokyopop made some serious changes to the story. if you guys didn't think it was possible to rice out an anime, here your chance to be proven wrong.

i'm already not that big a fan of initial d to begin with, but the american distributors have fucked it to high hell.

in attempts to make it more "western friendly", they have made the following changes:
  • Almost all the names have been changed. Examples are Takumi = Tak

Itsuki = Iggy

Koichiro = Cole

Natsuki = Natalie

Yuichi = Boss

Ryosuke = Ry

and so on.
  • Sound effects are being added to all the cars to make them "hipper". In other words... all the ricey sounds you've grown to hate.... have been added, destroying all the effort the .jp series had in making it more authentic (i.e. recording real engine sounds, etc)
  • Added effects to the car battles in an attempt to make them "hipper". And by effects, I mean shitty things like wipes or mirror images... cheesy shit that was unbearable even in the 80's.
  • The storyline will be altered. Any potential sexual or otherwise suggestive content has been removed/edited.
  • The music has been changed from the eurobeat to shitty "American" music.

The list goes on. Go google it or something. Either way, avoid the US versions like the plague.
Old 08-30-2003, 01:59 PM
oh tig'os

fREsHNUtS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by soulDistortion
no, it is going to suck.

tokyopop made some serious changes to the story. if you guys didn't think it was possible to rice out an anime, here your chance to be proven wrong.

i'm already not that big a fan of initial d to begin with, but the american distributors have fucked it to high hell.

in attempts to make it more "western friendly", they have made the following changes:
  • Almost all the names have been changed. Examples are Takumi = Tak

Itsuki = Iggy

Koichiro = Cole

Natsuki = Natalie

Yuichi = Boss

Ryosuke = Ry

and so on.
  • Sound effects are being added to all the cars to make them "hipper". In other words... all the ricey sounds you've grown to hate.... have been added, destroying all the effort the .jp series had in making it more authentic (i.e. recording real engine sounds, etc)
  • Added effects to the car battles in an attempt to make them "hipper". And by effects, I mean shitty things like wipes or mirror images... cheesy shit that was unbearable even in the 80's.
  • The storyline will be altered. Any potential sexual or otherwise suggestive content has been removed/edited.
  • The music has been changed from the eurobeat to shitty "American" music.

The list goes on. Go google it or something. Either way, avoid the US versions like the plague.
i heard there was a petition for tokyopop to do the american version...and those names sounds gay...just get the japanese version way better
Old 08-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

ok so back to my originalQ who has copies i can borrow to watch? i dont wan to invest my $$ for shyt im not gonna enjoy. thnx
Old 08-30-2003, 02:40 PM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

HAHA ... those names are really funny

Just download it like everyone else did
Old 08-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Registered member

socket_ has disabled reputation

Originally posted by eng
HAHA ... those names are really funny

Just download it like everyone else did

i think Tiki is on dial-up thou :P
Old 09-01-2003, 06:44 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default umm

i have the whole DVD set...1st stage, 2nd stage, extra stage and 3rd stage the movie...heheh˛