Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: What car to go with?
Vette
28.68%
TT G35
8.53%
TT 350Z
6.98%
Evo
19.38%
Built turbo Honda
3.88%
Built 240
3.10%
UZI DOES IT IS A FAG
29.46%
Voters: 129. You may not vote on this poll

Its almost that time of the year..... new car poll inside

Old 12-16-2009, 11:23 AM
CAPS LOCK BABY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK
Default Re: Its almost that time of the year..... new car poll inside

Originally Posted by slo-180sx
Yea, it all depends what your after. If you were gonna go that route, id try and pick up a mach 1, you get a solid axle, the upgrade brakes, and still have a 4v.
I was thinking that option also.... I just got in a FRESH 04 Mach1 with LOW miles.... tempting.

JROW, the c5 is what I meant to type earlier not the c6. I think c5 with some bolt-ons and maybe TT way down the road would be awesome.

It would also decimate all and own race wars.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Vette. C5z06 or c6 z51. Evo 9 isn't a bad option either if you need a backseat but you already got the accord. I have heard nothing but bad things on TT VQ's but maybe a 370z is worth looking into. I'm not sure how much they've depreciated yet.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:44 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Vette. a 6spd is actually pretty good on gas.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered Member

huntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura about

Those options: vette c6z
Old 12-16-2009, 11:54 AM
misunderstood.

s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin s2katin

TwinTurbo G35/G37 would be sick.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by huntrcrker
Those options: vette c6z
C6Z is out of his stated price range. You can get a C5Z in the high teens right now, low 20s will get you a mint garage queen.

Now is the time to buy... prices for sports cars rise in the spring as demand goes up. Winter in a recession is the time to do it.

Same applies to high-end luxury sedans... my mother got her 2007 CLS550 MB in April and it's actually gone up in value.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 12-16-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Doesn't give a fuck

TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr TwistnBrn..Rubr

Originally Posted by rallen
It would also decimate all and own race wars.
lol. +rep

I would like a built 240 because I can't afford a Vette.

Since you can afford the Vette...

You see where this is going.

Edit: Apparently I need to spread it around.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:11 PM
CAPS LOCK BABY

CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK CAPSLOCK

The only problem I have with the vette is, its a vette. Not that I am too good for one, I just think I would be in a constant state of paranoia just thinking about what if's. I have had ALOT of cars in my day. I lived in Oki for 2 years had older evo's, newer evo's, a wrx, etc etc. I like the practicallity and dd use of the evo but i also like the "hey fuck you i am a TT vette" look you can give and they sound amazing.

Edit:

This is for the older crowd, or atleast the more knowledgable crowd.

KB Cobra vs. TT/ SC C5. Power, reliability (ya right), cost etc.
Old 12-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

The only problem I have with the vette is, its a vette. Not that I am too good for one, I just think I would be in a constant state of paranoia just thinking about what if's. I have had ALOT of cars in my day. I lived in Oki for 2 years had older evo's, newer evo's, a wrx, etc etc. I like the practicallity and dd use of the evo but i also like the "hey fuck you i am a TT vette" look you can give and they sound amazing.
Huh? It's not a Ferrari, it's a nearly 10 year old chevy (C5 platform). They don't attract attention like a Viper or exotic so daily driving is a non-issue. The composite panels don't get door dings, and they get 28-30 mph on the highway.

Why do you think you need to put twin turbos on a Corvette? You're looking at about $8000 for a good TT kit, then $3kish in supporting mods... all for what? You can make 550ish rwhp safely on a stock long-block. You can do the same with a nice supercharger kit from ECS or A&A for 1/2 the money.

And even then... I'd wager a stock Z06 feels faster than most any turbo car you've driven due to powerband and gearing.

But hey it's your money
Old 12-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Fanboi

KB Cobra vs. TT/ SC C5. Power, reliability (ya right), cost etc.
Drive a mustang then go drive a Corvette... you sit "on" a mustang vs. "in" a Corvette. The view from the driver's seat is poor in a Mustang i.e. lots of hood cowl and little road view and the ergonomics (pedals, steering wheel, shifter locations) are poor. The Corvette has a fantastic view from the driver's seat and the ergonomics are 2nd to none... people knock the car for "plasticy" interior, but the layout and functionality are top notch... plus the interior knocks are over-blown, I think reviewers just don't have much else to harp on so they pick the interior. I mean the interior of a Viper is shit, but you don't hear car rags faulting the car for it.

If you want a straight-line car, buty the Cobra and put a sick axle uner it... if you want an all-around do everything car get the Corvette.

Quick Reply: Its almost that time of the year..... new car poll inside