Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Know car audio? Wanna make some $$$ ?

Old 06-07-2007, 06:18 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
3gmitsuBMR has disabled reputation
Default Re: Know car audio? Wanna make some $$$ ?

Originally Posted by Illegal
I do installs for a living. the rear speakers are ok, the fronts are junk and the radio is what most of the soccor moms get. Enjoy. I like the mix matching too, that should sound super.
ok, so since you know what you're talking about, what would YOU get. Within reason.

My preffered brand is Infinity, not sure why, but it just is. What fronts and deck would YOU get if you were me?
Old 06-07-2007, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

ill hook THat shyt up yo! my skills are leet speak, weak sauce compared to other kats who be up in the installation game!
Old 06-08-2007, 05:34 AM
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Originally Posted by 3gmitsuBMR
ok, so since you know what you're talking about, what would YOU get. Within reason.

My preffered brand is Infinity, not sure why, but it just is. What fronts and deck would YOU get if you were me?

If I were you I'd kill myself.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:24 AM
V8 >VTEC

MalfoyWS6 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Illegal
If I were you I'd kill myself.

How much will that cost though? The OP is trying to stay within reason here.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:27 AM
cizko

wastedfluid has a little shameless behaviour in the past

You guys are so damn negative. Okay, he bought a lower end CD Player. But he already said he's not trying to blow out peoples ear drums, he just wants something that sounds okay. Why give him so much shit? If it's not "YOU HAVE CHEAP SHIT BUD" - it's "YOU SOUD LIKE AN ASS". And what's with "I love this mixing and match" ? -> Alpine 100D Dvd player -> Rockford TDB1001 -> JL 2x13.5W6, DHD 1200W->4 Alpine 6x9's. My setup sounds pretty decent, if I do say so myself.. and EVERYTHING has been mix-matched.

Let's see your trunk. The guy just wants his shit installed right, the first time. I don't blame him. The only question I ask, is this:

If you want it installed right, why not go to any of the 100 car audio shops in Chesapeake? GO-HO Audio is a good one.. I know the guy in Norfolk off Military Highway... I forget his name. Matt's a cool guy there, too. East Little Creek Road, I think?

Go to a shop. Pay for it. Just buy your wiring before you go. They're going to make enough off installing it - try to keep it down by buying the installation wires yourself. But I wouldn't trust any anyone off here. They think because they wired up their home stereo it's the same. Take it to a professional if you don't know how to do it yourself, bro.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:26 AM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

i hate when people say "im not trying to roll down the street....blah...blah....blah. the nice systems ($6000 +) i install are mostely for older people that actually appreciate good sound. they dont try to impress people at stop lights and shit. thats for the cheap people. truth is that if you had the best sounding system in the world and you blasted your shit all the time maybe 1 out of 100 people would actually realize that you got good shit. i just hate when people say that shit.
oh and check out the system i just finished

Old 06-08-2007, 08:12 AM
Registered Member

3gmitsuBMR has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by wastedfluid
You guys are so damn negative. Okay, he bought a lower end CD Player. But he already said he's not trying to blow out peoples ear drums, he just wants something that sounds okay. Why give him so much shit? If it's not "YOU HAVE CHEAP SHIT BUD" - it's "YOU SOUD LIKE AN ASS". And what's with "I love this mixing and match" ? -> Alpine 100D Dvd player -> Rockford TDB1001 -> JL 2x13.5W6, DHD 1200W->4 Alpine 6x9's. My setup sounds pretty decent, if I do say so myself.. and EVERYTHING has been mix-matched.

Let's see your trunk. The guy just wants his shit installed right, the first time. I don't blame him. The only question I ask, is this:

If you want it installed right, why not go to any of the 100 car audio shops in Chesapeake? GO-HO Audio is a good one.. I know the guy in Norfolk off Military Highway... I forget his name. Matt's a cool guy there, too. East Little Creek Road, I think?

Go to a shop. Pay for it. Just buy your wiring before you go. They're going to make enough off installing it - try to keep it down by buying the installation wires yourself. But I wouldn't trust any anyone off here. They think because they wired up their home stereo it's the same. Take it to a professional if you don't know how to do it yourself, bro.
WOW! Someone on here that doesnt post like a five year old.

Thanks bro.

After all this bullshit, Im just going to take it to a shop. Not sure which one yet, but probably Discount Auto Sound, only because I know the Owner and he wont let them fuck my shit up.

If I had $6000 to blow on a car stereo that would be wonderful, BUT I don't.

It's amazing how you can come on this website trying to pay someone good money to do a good job and all you get is bullshit posts from old men with nothing better to do with their time.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:13 AM
Banned

Chirp is an unknown quantity at this point

PM SilverDC4life.
he is certified and some shit.
He worked at best buy as a installer and what not.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:45 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

i would do it only because you own a 3g.....but im lazy as fuck and will not feel like it
Old 06-08-2007, 10:00 AM
dru
GUIBO!?

dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru

Originally Posted by 3gmitsuBMR
WOW! Someone on here that doesnt post like a five year old.

Thanks bro.

After all this bullshit, Im just going to take it to a shop. Not sure which one yet, but probably Discount Auto Sound, only because I know the Owner and he wont let them fuck my shit up.

If I had $6000 to blow on a car stereo that would be wonderful, BUT I don't.

It's amazing how you can come on this website trying to pay someone good money to do a good job and all you get is bullshit posts from old men with nothing better to do with their time.
The thing is.. you're overestimating the price of good equipment. You buy infinity and polk at ridiculous prices when there are way better products for the prices you're buying them at.

Lol at us being old men.

Quick Reply: Know car audio? Wanna make some $$$ ?