Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Knowing the LAW... do cops??

Old 04-11-2007 | 05:02 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: Knowing the LAW... do cops??

Originally Posted by HONDAS_ONLY
another cop sympathizer.... and again... meeting the stereotype of a domestic owner... go figure.

i said i didnt read every code... just the ones that pertained to our problems... and like i said.. if you want to talk shyt... bring something in writing that contradicts what i posted.... if not STFU... i didnt post this to get petty argument... bring proof and a reference
You're a fucking idiot with an ugly ass busted honda.

Sincerely,

A Domestic Owner (and apparently a cop sympathizer?)
Old 04-12-2007 | 06:35 AM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

Originally Posted by slammedNsloLS
when i got pulled for a bad inspection i asked the cop about being too low (integra that sits about 2'' or a little less from the road) and he said there is a written law but very few cops enforce that law. i live in hanover so i dont know how the county cops are in yalls area but i guess in every county your always going to have the few pricks... as of right now mine sparks everytime i hit a fairly large bump or dip in the road from the exhaust hitting the ground. and as for exhaust i have gotten one ticket (Apexi N1) and since then i drove my car like a mature human being and didnt try too hard to avoid cops by shifting at like 1500 rpms. pretty much if a cop notices you just going about your buisness and not acting like a happy high school kid who just got his licence he's not going to go out of his way to mess with you
I beg to differ, I got pulled twice in a week by state troopers, not speeding or anything. Both times Officers pulled out the tape measure and measured my ride height, though only one gave me a ticket, the other told me to raise the car.

Both times I was just cruising 1 mph under the speedlimit on powhite/ chippenham.

The biggest BS about the law is that I looked up the Factory specs for ride height for my car. If you want to get technical, a 240sx with worn out stock suspension would not pass, bone stock the lower horizontal of the bumper is barely 14" with brand new springs.
Old 04-12-2007 | 07:05 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HONDAS_ONLY
So i was doing this research paper on police profiling of import drivers and decided to see what the law (ESPECIALLY IN VA) says about modifying your vehicle. so here it is....

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...10000000000000

i was amazed to find in the VA code that there is very little to nothing about LOWERING your ride. with regard to that, all it says is no point on the frame can touch the ground.... interesting....

suspension Codes
46.2-1063 Alteration of suspension system; bumper height limits; raising body above frame rail
46.2-1064 Modification of front-end suspension by use of lift blocks

when it comes to mufflers also, very non-specific... it says the obvious safety related things like you cant remove the interiors of your exhaust (i.e. hollow cats or mufflers) but it says NOTHING with regard to the sound of them.

Muffler codes:
46.2-1047 Muffler cutout, etc., illegal
46.2-1048 Pollution control systems or devices
46.2-1049 Exhaust system in good working order
46.2-1050 Mufflers on motorcycles

i mention these two things cuz i think those are the two things most of us get pulled for (besides speeding... lol), but i didnt have time to read every single code, but i didnt find anything about the use of aftermarket equipment being illegal unless it is unsafe. and if it isnt in writing, then SOMEONE is making it up.

so with that being said, i'm a lot more suspictious about exhaust, and modification tickets. these laws get VERY specific, so im wondering if anyone can provide some written info that contradicts this or references more restrictions? and if not, im defintely going to be a lot more sceptical and speculative the next time i get pulled for something on my ride.
Classic retard! The more you post, the more I think that you are becoming the VADRIVEN forum village idiot. Thank god someone stepped up to take TOOSTUPID4MOSTS slack.
Old 04-12-2007 | 08:11 AM
Wanna taste?

Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt Dirk Dickbutt

Cops pretty much say what they want and assume that you are too stupid to know anything. Also, if you are pulled over, there is a 95% chance that you were driving like an asshat for you to be noticed.
Old 04-12-2007 | 08:14 AM
Wanna Taste??

TazZ99CiviC is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had my ride looked thru, turnin the wheels both ways, revvin the gas for the cops, and was told the exhaust is too loud, and I need to raise the car. Was told like they knew i wasn't gonna even bother. So I changed the exhaust, lowered it an inch, and registered it out of state. Now, I barely even get looked at. Although, I do drive "normal" and don't bring attention to myself...
Old 04-12-2007 | 09:11 AM
Registered Member

slowloki has disabled reputation

i have a 177 page document about auto laws in VA if any wants it let me know ill email it to you.
Old 04-12-2007 | 09:20 AM
boom tick boom tick

Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum Victum

ive been pulled for inspection and never got an exhaust ticket just warnings... mostly because my car is loud as hell, but i dont drive like an idiot so im usually fine. ive been pulled and they said do you know your exhaust is illegal and i have said yes sir and they tell me to put a stock one on and thats it..