Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Kouki? Zenki? WTF?

Old 02-01-2007, 10:42 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband
Default Kouki? Zenki? WTF?

Okay. I see these descriptions tossed around all the time. Kouki this, Zenki that. I see it really tossed around when guys are talking about their S13 or S14.

So, what exactly does it refer to? I'm a Honda fanboy and I don't see them talking about their zenki Civic.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:50 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation
Default Re: Kouki? Zenki? WTF?

There is Zenki/Kouki Civics and Integras also

Zenki is the first rendition of the new line up for instance 96-98 civic. Kouki or MC (minor change) is the next rendition of the same year model 99-00 civic. Then the do a complete body change and it becomes Zenki again
Old 02-01-2007, 10:51 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

its a style

there is also chuki.

here ill post pics for you

s13 zenki : also known as pignose

s13 chuki:

s13 kouki: also known as "type x"

s14 zenki:

s14 kouki:

hope that explains it for you

Last edited by cole; 02-01-2007 at 10:55 AM.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:52 AM
UNCEUNCEUNCEUNCEUNCE

boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband boyband

Originally Posted by _crs
There is Zenki/Kouki Civics and Integras also

Zenki is the first rendition of the new line up for instance 96-98 civic. Kouki or MC (minor change) is the next rendition of the same year model 99-00 civic. Then the do a complete body change and it becomes Zenki again
Apparently guys with Civics and Integras aren't uber-JDM enough to be referring to their cars as zenki or kouki.

So, then I've got a zenki Civic. Nice.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:56 AM
That's not gone well

Zero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud ofZero has much to be proud of

well the terms are just japanese words that more or less mean:

zenki: early
chuki: middle
kouki: late

So these terms are used in reference to the minor changes a car goes thru in a model run. S14's only had 2 different bodystyles so zenki is the early style, and kouki is the later one. S13's had 3 body renditions, so chuki's are considered the middle style.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:57 AM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

If you look at any of the .co.jp website for aerokits and what not. It always says Zenki/Kouki or MC. Its not just a Nissan thing.
Old 02-01-2007, 10:57 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

Zenki (前期, lit. preceding period)

Chūki (中期, lit. middle period)

Kouki/kōki (後期, lit. latter period)

also got those for you
Old 02-01-2007, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall 3xNakedCall

I laugh when I hear people use those words in their every day conversation like they are normal. They just don't realize how fucking retarded they sound.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Shut the Fuck Up!

IanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the roughIanR is a jewel in the rough

what's weird about it? it's just the japanese word for it that's popularly used in certain crowds...

It's like saying "tostada" instead of round tortilla chip
Old 02-01-2007, 07:21 PM
dru
GUIBO!?

dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru dru

Originally Posted by S14KAT
I laugh when I hear people use those words in their every day conversation like they are normal. They just don't realize how fucking retarded they sound.
im so glad i'm not the only one...

Quick Reply: Kouki? Zenki? WTF?