Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

The Lexus LFA...only $12,000 a month.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:43 PM
Out of mind, BRB....

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drake69 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Lexus LFA...only $12,000 a month.

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
I'd rather have one of these...

over

Wonder if it comes with the flying shit factories that are currently gracing its hood? For that money, it ought to come with an inflatable vagina in the driver's seat so you can get fucked as you get fucked....
Old 03-18-2010, 05:44 PM
DURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok The Wok

People who buy this car will make only ever make one payment - the check they write at the dealership.
Old 03-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Banned

R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King R.King

Originally Posted by Fiziks
About the lease, yes, 90k shouldnt be a problem, but it's the concept that lexus actually believes that someone would 'borrow' a car for 300k over 2 years.

And the ford gt and nsx were kinda diffrent. Ford and Honda have been in racing forever.
well, the toyota supra has been racing for quite a while now too, as i understand this car is going to be tracked by racing teams moreso than rich dudes cruising on the streets.

imagine if the nissan r390 was actually was sold to the public instead of just building a road version so they could qualify for the lemans. The price tag on that was 1 million dollars.

i doubt toyota will make any money on this car, moreso to get itself further into the racing game, thats my guess.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:44 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by Fiziks
About the lease, yes, 90k shouldnt be a problem, but it's the concept that lexus actually believes that someone would 'borrow' a car for 300k over 2 years.

And the ford gt and nsx were kinda diffrent. Ford and Honda have been in racing forever.
it's not like toyota has never dipped a hand in the racing game...

i haven't been following the car, but i think it's pretty safe to assume that this car isn't being marketed to people who think 12k a month is an insane amount to spend on a car. in fact i'm pretty confident that no one who posts on this board makes 12k a month, period... they're only making 500, that should tell you something.

and no, toyota is not ferrari. but manufacturers like toyota probably don't make cars like this to turn a big profit. i'm not completely sure why they build them, but i would imagine the lfa is not intended to be toyota's cash crop. it's more of a 'look what we can do' thing... the logistics of which i'm not real sure of, not being in the auto-making industry. so yeah, at first glance this looks completely insane... but then again, i can't wrap my head around the costs involved with fielding an f1 team, but many manufacturers do it, and only one of them wins each year...