Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Local Miata owner's discussion thread

Old 05-22-2012, 05:27 PM
Nothing but time...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Venice has disabled reputation
Default Re: Local Miata owner's discussion thread

Originally Posted by Mortal_Meerkat
LEMME HAZ PICTAR VENICE!

also, my cops came in today. Im just waiting on my bracket from trackspeed. Also, can you tell me where to wire in the capacitor, Venice?
Well i don't have a capacitor i have a 1.8 no need for it that is only a 1.6 thing from my understanding . There is a nice write up on miataturbo look for Braineack . I plan on coping his from the write up .

An mortal i sent you that pic of the fuse box did you get it and did you get the plugs and pigtails with your cops .
Old 05-22-2012, 05:40 PM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

found everything on ebay. I got 4 1zzfe plugs with pigtails for 18 shipped
Old 05-23-2012, 12:55 AM
Nothing but time...

That is a good deal , i think i paid more then that for mine .
Old 05-23-2012, 04:59 AM
fuckin smart

Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat Mortal_Meerkat

yeah but I also paid 85 for my COPs. Except theyre off of a low mileage 08 corolla
Old 05-24-2012, 01:17 AM
Nothing but time...

Oh OK i thought you got everything for 18 bucks that would be a hell of a deal . I paid 75 for the coils & pigtails and then 100 for the harness and another set of coils . So i have a backup set if i need them . I also have 2 sets of coil 4 wire coil packs (backups) . Just picked up another ITB set up going to try and get the car running this weekend and install the ITB's with in another week or 2 or when i can get the MS looked at .
Old 05-24-2012, 04:15 AM
fuckin smart

After you drive with the itbs for a while, let me know what you think as far as daily driving. I mean toyota had a corolla with factory itbs and a 6 speed tranny that they offered. I dont see why you wouldnt be able to daily a miata with itbs.

Also, I should be done with my little "project" today, I'll post pics when I finish. and did you get my text asking you what the single wire between the alternator and starter is? I cant find a single connector or tab anywhere and it's not the one that goes on the starter.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:26 AM
Nothing but time...

You talking about the wire with the round connector on the end , there also is a single spade connection next to the oil filter . I have a single green (i think) wire with a round connector on the end that i believe goes to the A/C . Today when i get home i need to check my wires on the cops harness i think i have something backwards seeing as i can crank the car in the 1st key position . Only thing i can think of is my signal and tach or ground wires are swapped .
Old 05-26-2012, 06:04 AM
fuckin smart

Alright sweet, I ordered all the shit for my intake too. I think Im going to order a hydroshield too
Old 05-26-2012, 04:37 PM
Nothing but time...

Fuck car now cranks in the accessory position wtf did i cross to do this . I'm fucking stuck in a fucking hole now and i need the car to run . If it would start and run i wouldn't care as much but it just cranks fuck . Someone come fix this shit.
Old 05-26-2012, 04:48 PM
fuckin smart

rewire the harness

Quick Reply: Local Miata owner's discussion thread