Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Lookin for cars, any suggestions?

Old 04-18-2008, 03:09 PM
Hating...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JKim has disabled reputation
Default Re: Lookin for cars, any suggestions?

Originally Posted by dave22
Gas mileage is good.
That really depends.

For these...(2 door, 2800lb, 2 liter 4cyl) not really.
For these...(rwd sports car, 240hp) mayyyyyybe.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:21 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Originally Posted by XCELR8
So, it's a Marauder?

By tune, I mean getting a hand held tuner like SCT and having a person like Ed Clark tune and dyno it. I don't know if Marauders are different than 4V Mustangs, but you can't "chip" those. Keep in mind, however, you'll only need a tune after a 2/3 exhaust system and intake.

I'm sure Car & Driver gave accolades to it's exhaust because it sounded better than the Acura TL they just reviewed, not because it's a good flowing exhaust system.

lol true. I hate that you are right some times.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by litlespic
lol true. I hate that you are right some times.
<3
Old 04-19-2008, 04:58 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

So, it's a Marauder?

By tune, I mean getting a hand held tuner like SCT and having a person like Ed Clark tune and dyno it. I don't know if Marauders are different than 4V Mustangs, but you can't "chip" those. Keep in mind, however, you'll only need a tune after a 2/3 exhaust system and intake.
Why can't you "chip" a 4V? The 05 up are the ones you can't chip, because they got rid of the port on the computer where the chips used to plug into. That's why they have to be flashed now.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:02 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by tie fitr
Why can't you "chip" a 4V? The 05 up are the ones you can't chip, because they got rid of the port on the computer where the chips used to plug into. That's why they have to be flashed now.
By all means, feel free to show my this "chip" that just plugs right into the ECU. Mustangs from '96 (I believe it's '96 or '99) are required to be reprogrammed via a SCT or Diablo handheld tuner.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:10 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

By all means, feel free to show my this "chip" that just plugs right into the ECU. Mustangs from '96 (I believe it's '96 or '99) are required to be reprogrammed via a SCT or Diablo handheld tuner.
I don't have one in the Cobra, but I did in the Lightning. Jrousch on here has a chip in his Cobra. Maybe you should stick to the handling mods and not the power mods! Haha Flashers weren't even popular until 03-04 time frame.

http://www.sctflash.com/Chip.php

Last edited by tie fitr; 04-19-2008 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:25 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

owned
Old 04-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Full Retard

Originally Posted by NFCstang
owned
Haha, he's outside pulling the kick panel out of his car!
Old 04-19-2008, 05:46 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Using rubber gloves and a clean room because that's how Brock is
Old 04-19-2008, 07:56 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Originally Posted by tie fitr
Haha, he's outside pulling the kick panel out of his car!
Originally Posted by NFCstang
Using rubber gloves and a clean room because that's how Brock is
Yes but you cant be mean about how much of a girl he is when it comes to that stuff. I would love to have a car as 'clean' as his.

But since both of you know what you are talking about. Basic bolt ons for 'rauders? I got the JLT, had that before I had the title to the car. SCT was next on my list. Im looking more towards milage than power.

Quick Reply: Lookin for cars, any suggestions?