Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Lookin for cars, any suggestions?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:04 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: Lookin for cars, any suggestions?

SCT Tune and exhaust are probably going to be the best bets.

Might also want to look into a different stall converter.

Maybe up the rear gears a bit...I'm not sure what they were stock
Old 04-19-2008, 08:13 AM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

I keep forgetting about that damn stall. I need the 04 stall. the 03's are sloshy as crap.

Rears were 3.55. as much interstate driving as I do, I couldnt afford to lose them to anything higher.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by tie fitr
I don't have one in the Cobra, but I did in the Lightning. Jrousch on here has a chip in his Cobra. Maybe you should stick to the handling mods and not the power mods! Haha Flashers weren't even popular until 03-04 time frame.

http://www.sctflash.com/Chip.php
Who actually puts chips in their car when tuning it with a tuner is easier and cheaper? But that's not what you're saying. I was wrong with the "chip" thing.

Originally Posted by Big McLargeHuge
owned
I really did.

Originally Posted by tie fitr
Haha, he's outside pulling the kick panel out of his car!
Nope. But apparently you like paying more money to achieve the same results.

Originally Posted by litlespic
But since both of you know what you are talking about. Basic bolt ons for 'rauders? I got the JLT, had that before I had the title to the car. SCT was next on my list. Im looking more towards milage than power.
Jim doesn't know shit. He thought for the longest time a Mach1 and SC Cobra had the same engine until Damien burst his bubble. He just jumps in line with people that do know what they're talking about.

Last edited by Brock Obama; 04-19-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:32 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

Originally Posted by litlespic
But since both of you know what you are talking about. Basic bolt ons for 'rauders? I got the JLT, had that before I had the title to the car. SCT was next on my list. Im looking more towards milage than power.
If Mileage is what you want, then making the motor more efficient is all you can do. The easy stuff which you know, is getting air in and out of the motor more efficiently. Intake/ exhaust. Getting a tune with a couple more degrees of timing will help also. Along with the tighter lock up converter also.
Originally Posted by XCELR8
Who actually puts chips in their car when tuning it with a tuner is easier and cheaper? But that's not what you're saying. I was wrong with the "chip" thing.
Nowadays, not many, but Like I said, Flashers did not really get popular til the aftermarket found out that would be the only way to tune a Ford in the Future. I also preferred the flip chip in the Lightning because I used multiple tunes regularly for race gas and what not. It's a whole lot quicker and easier to flip a switch than it is to reflash a computer.

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Nope. But apparently you like paying more money to achieve the same results.
How?