Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Need WRX advice!

Old 07-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Need WRX advice!

Generic aftermarket is cheap inaccurate crap too. The argument is whether it matters or not, and I think most likely not. I don't like them because they're just too small and in a bad place to be useable.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:21 PM
Registered Member

phxaz is an unknown quantity at this point

I am totally keeping my eyes open for a complete stock, keep in mind that I can afford, to get. Like I said, I am checking all electronic resources as far as wrxtuners.com, nasioc, i-club, here, and I one I cant remember. Auto trader was waaaay too pricey. Carmax had one with 22k for 19,900 that sold the day before I got my loan (gosh I was so mad). They do have another with 44k on it which I am still thinking about.

I do understand cheaper is not always better. I mean if I would have gotten my loan in time I would have that one with 22k. But it didnt happen So, I have to keep searching. I am trying to play the waiting game as good as possible, I just do not want one to slip away because I waited and miss out again. I will keep posting interesting vehicles. And like you guys mentioned before, it would be GREAT if I could find a sedan from an older couple.

And I understand that is any car. For some reason the only decent ones I am finding are all wagons. I have been trying to get them to grow on me, but I just cant do it with a wagon ... If you guys stumble accross another wrx forum (Midwest to EC) and find something, I would be so greatful. But untill then, the car I looked at today will be taken to a mechanic for inspection from the Subaru dealer.

Neo, I will contact you tomarow. Thanks again for everyones input and support. I will keep you updated.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

I see you got a lot of good information here, sorry I wasn't there when you IM'd me, my work schedule has been ridiculous. Good luck on your search
Old 07-26-2006, 06:10 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

I have an 02 WRX thats my own "stage 4" combo...I modded it like it sits now at 5K miles in 2001. Car now has 63K miles on it and runs like the day I got it tuned.
When I didnt know what I was doing I blew a tranny, replaced it with another stock one (including oem clutch/flywheel) and I have about 40K on it. Testament to the fact if you treat it right it will last.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:55 AM
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

wrx's are great...when looking to buy one first would be driving it to see how the drivetrain/tranny feels...second would be a compression check to see if the engine has taken abuse...
these two things should pretty well testify to how the car was treated and at what level it has been strained...
if the tranny doesn't feel notchy then it hasn't been beat on...if the compression check comes back fine than the kid probably didn't run a MBC and just boost the hell out of it while shortening the motors life.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Registered Member

Homemade, I PMed you, I will also PM topik in a sec. Thanks for the advice, please keep it comming. Maybe this thread might turn out to be more than just for me, but everyone in general looking for a subie.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:00 PM
sounds like a semi

Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX Homemade WRX

dropped you a line back...
Old 07-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Homemade WRX
dropped you a line back...
Same
Old 07-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Super Secret Agent

Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer

Definitely insist on seeing any/all service records on the car that you're looking at. Generally if you can find these it will mean that the car was adult owned or at least the owner took good care of it.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Topik
Definitely insist on seeing any/all service records on the car that you're looking at. Generally if you can find these it will mean that the car was adult owned or at least the owner took good care of it.
Im taking the car to Dyno Inc for full inspection. I will let you guys know how the results come out.