Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

new insurance surcharges in virginia

Old 03-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiophile24 has disabled reputation
Default new insurance surcharges in virginia

me myslef being credited as a good driver in virginia have been insured by GEICO for the past three years. I just received my insurance renewal paper work(i get these every six months) to renew my current policy. I have a 250.00 deductible for collision and a zero deductible for comprehensive. no limits on medical coverage and 2500.00 in extras to cover stereo equipment and rims and tires(modifications done to the vehicle) (why only 2500? you ask because the insurance companies prorate or they use your receipts and the date of purchase to figure the depreciate the original amount you paid for original items). but any ways to the point. I have a about a dozen or so exhaust tickets in the past three years. last term or about six months ago they sent in my insurance package that they were going to charge me per exhaust ticket. i immediately got on the phone and called a representative of geico and the underwriters said no the exhaust ticket was not surchargeable (of which i already knew) and they removed them from my bill. well it is that time again and this time i had two speeding tickets which were surchargeable and one exhaust ticket which was not. so i again got on the phone and called geico. here is what was said "well mr._______ according to a change in virginia laws effective febuary 15 2005 all altered exhaust tickets and excessive noise tickets WILL BE SURCHARGEABLE ON ALL INSURANCE POLICIES NO EXCEPTIONS." well me being the money saver minded kind of person i am got on the phone in search of other insurance companies got the same answer from PROGRESSIVE FIRESTONE AL VINCENTS AND VICTORIA. the only ones who were not charging this were state farm and nationwide of whom i am with now. there may be others, but i am not sure be very sure to check with your insurance companies to make sure they are not charging for a normally non-chargeable offense the difference in insurance premuims can be astonishing as i recently found out just a heads up for all of you who pay your own insurance.
Old 03-25-2005, 04:45 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: new insurance surcharges in virginia

Have u checked USAA?
Old 03-25-2005, 04:46 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Yeah they find anyway to fuck you and get more money. Is it just exhaust tickets given after feb 15 that are surchargable, or do all prior tickets for the past three years go into effect?
Old 03-25-2005, 05:04 AM
brake/steer/throttle

ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek ToyotaTechGeek

i guess they are now starting to associate loud exhaust with speeding...
Old 03-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

i have USAA love em course i have never gotten a ticket....
Old 03-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

How the fuck should an exhaust ticket affect my insurance... Crooks I tell ya.
Old 03-25-2005, 07:54 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Your goddamn right.

I love it.

to Virginia.

Fuck you import owners.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

JLUDE is an unknown quantity at this point

highflow exhaust isn't worth it in northern VA. my cars are all stock exhaust with high flow cats.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Nationwide rocks
Old 03-25-2005, 08:27 AM
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

e-cut outs

Quick Reply: new insurance surcharges in virginia