Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

new news

Old 06-29-2007, 05:00 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous
Default Re: new news

Originally Posted by rickcale
i just seen in the news that teens will be no longer to drive and talk on cellphones it will be braking the law,i think that is bull!!!!!!
1. Your grammar sucks

2. It's proven that young drivers have more accidents then other drivers and more often then not it's due to the driver not paying attention i.e. cell phone, radio, 3 friends in the car etc.

Personally I think it's a very good idea and I'm all for bannning all cell phone usage while the car is in motion without a earpiece/headset.

I get cut off and have to deal with more idiots that are paying attention to their cell phone then the road
Old 06-29-2007, 06:01 AM
Registered Member

rickcale has disabled reputation

sorry about ur luck
Old 06-29-2007, 06:10 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by OneSlowCobalt
^^ ive seen many of people capable of talking on the phone and shifting.
CRXs dont even require your hands to steer!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:21 AM
Registered member

Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz Twelvz

Myth Busters...
Drunk or talking on the phone: talking on the phone while driving they made more mistakes then when they were drunk.

If it becomes law your going to see a lot of cars pulled over on the side of the road haha
Old 06-29-2007, 06:27 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by Twelvz
Myth Busters...
Drunk or talking on the phone: talking on the phone while driving they made more mistakes then when they were drunk.

If it becomes law your going to see a lot of cars pulled over on the side of the road haha
I am going to stick a fucking light on the top of my car and start pulling over cops. Almost every fucking cop I see is talking on their phone.

On a side note... I caught a cop speeding through a neighborhood yesterday, I do not have a radar but I would estimate him going around 50mph.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 AM
Registered Member

dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet dat-ricochet

I know I say this on every thread about driving laws.

Make everyone take a some defensive driving schools to get their license and these problems go away.

I don't know a single track guy that drives while talking. If anything they talk while driving and give the road their full attention.

--Doug

Last edited by dat-ricochet; 06-29-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:33 AM
Banned

4btsvii is an unknown quantity at this point

a little while ago I saw something on the news about some lady in an SUV that had her baby in the backseat in a babyseat. Another car was coming to the T intersection she was traveling on and he had a stop sign. The guy didn't even slow down and t-boned the SUV, right were the baby was sitting, killing the baby.....he was dialing on his cell phone.

Failure to obey a street sign was all he got.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:20 AM
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by rickcale
sorry about ur luck
Your genius boggles my mind
Old 06-29-2007, 07:22 AM
Registered Member

rickcale has disabled reputation

ur mom boggles mine
Old 06-29-2007, 07:26 AM

turbodreemz has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ParanoidAndroid
Personally, I think it would benefit everyone if they just made it illegal for any individual to talk on the phone while driving. It seems more and more that if someone is driving well below the speed limit, or driving erratically, the cause is talking on a cell phone. Some people just can't handle it, and if that means no one can do it, its fine with me.
+1

Quick Reply: new news