Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Nissan SE-R Spec V?? Any thoughts??

Old 04-21-2008, 05:58 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Nissan SE-R Spec V?? Any thoughts??

I have an '06 Spec V. It's nice having a car that isn't "played out". I hardly ever see a modded Spec V around.

Stock it does have decent power and torque. It handles very well too. One thing I hate is gas mileage. I can't get better than 24mpg.

I haven't had any mechanical issues yet. Another issue besides the butterfly screws and precat is the fuel pump. Sometimes it will take more than 5 seconds of cranking for it to start, but if you prime it before you start it there's no problem..The headgaskets aren't the greatest either... You also might want to think about the balance shaft. That spins up to 12,400 RPM(twice what the tach on the dash says for a better idea). When you're racing/redling gears you are really pushing it, so there is the chance for it to seize up and that means new engine! lol... You can either remove it with the JWT kit or you can just cut the chain so it doesn't turn, which is what I did

If you get one and need a hand working on it let me know. I'm always down to help out a fellow Spec V owner.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MAsshole
Get a 91-92 SE-R, much cooler & better looking. The current model looks like an F-Series.
I couldn't agree more, I love my 93 ser. The Spec V is a decent car, but like other's have said B15 specs have a few reliability issues. Maybe look into the B15 Sentra SE w/ an SR20.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Registered Member

bocker is an unknown quantity at this point

for the price, it's a good choice. 6 speed, lsd, and decent torque make it pretty fun daily driver.
the 07 and up even uglier than the rest. 04-06 look ok with nismo lips. i have an 02 with no problems. just be sure to get a header and loctite the butterfly screws.
mazdaspeed 3 is a better car.
Old 04-22-2008, 07:04 AM
World War Me

SERSpecV has disabled reputation

ive had one there decent cars... but your going to grow tired of the 6200 red line..... well i did... id get something else if i were you.... with boost.... but thats me

Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM
Fuckinitupagain

Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold

You can build the engine and get a higher redline. There's a 575whp Spec V with a 8500RPM redline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWuyKh1fTho

If boosting is your thing...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXxWu9v3afA

And there's always the VQ swap

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgQjqwFMWTM

But hey that's just me lol I wouldn't sell this car to buy a Evo or Sti. I'd rather take what I have and fuck with it. Sure those cars have more potential, but it all comes back to how people sleep on the Spec Vs and how they aren't as popular so it's not expected to see them fast.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:01 AM
uses cruise control

tangoDelta can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by Strychnine
... One thing I hate is gas mileage. I can't get better than 24mpg. ....
I've been keeping track for about 2 months now and between city and highway I usually average 25mpg. On my last trip to Maryland it was 98% highway and three dyno pulls and I averaged a little over 31mpg. Boosted.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:03 AM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

its a sentra dude
Old 04-26-2008, 07:54 AM
uses cruise control

tangoDelta can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by 1slowxr4ti
its a sentra dude
And the SRT-4 is a Neon.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:56 AM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by tangoDelta
And the SRT-4 is a Neon.
i know i dont like neons either.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 PM
ig oggggg

yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15

All of this is really helping me out too. My dads a big Nissan guy and I have been debating on getting this or a teg. I havent seen to me spec v's out that are clean and they are a nice daily driver. Im thinking for sure this car will be my next pickup.

Quick Reply: Nissan SE-R Spec V?? Any thoughts??