Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Nugget Wants ElmTwantys

Old 02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
round ii

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nugget Wants ElmTwantys

lol Joe.

And tell Natchez to say who he is when he leaves voicemails. I had to call Chris to figure out who's number it was.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:45 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

He's dumb.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:48 AM
round ii

Black Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond reputeBlack Nugget has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ritz
He's dumb.
Tell him next side to say, "You don't know the power of the dark side!"
Old 02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Joe were your Z06 wheels raw? Most aftermarket Z06 wheels are chrome or clear coated. The OEM polished Z06 wheels that came on my father's old Z16 were clear coated from GM.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:55 AM
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

brian, you can clearcoat over the polish, so they are just as shiney with little upkeep.

although i've know many many people who had raw ccw's and all it takes is soap and water to wash them off, just make sure you pressure wash them.

then maybe once a month, hit them with a light coat of polish, and rejex
Old 02-23-2010, 10:58 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Joe were your Z06 wheels raw? Most aftermarket Z06 wheels are chrome or clear coated. The OEM polished Z06 wheels that came on my father's old Z16 were clear coated from GM.
No, they were not clearcoated. They were OEM reps. I had a "clearcoat" powercoated on them and they ended up looking like shit. The company guaranteed they'd look like they did when I bought them and they ended up looking like a painted silver wheel.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Uzi does it!
brian, you can clearcoat over the polish, so they are just as shiney with little upkeep.

although i've know many many people who had raw ccw's and all it takes is soap and water to wash them off, just make sure you pressure wash them.

then maybe once a month, hit them with a light coat of polish, and rejex
I know this... but CCW doesn't offer that so you'd have to do it all afterwards and to do it right you'd need to take the wheel all apart which is a PITA.

With raw CCWs if you drive your car in the rain they'll get spotted quickly. Yes you can polish it back, but the amount of surface area on a mesh wheel is a bit daunting. It becomes a 1/2 day project to polish them correctly if not more. If you let the wheels get back it's more like a one wheel a day project.

I don't want to have to wipe my wheels off after each time they get wet. If it's a weekend car then fine, but I know Chad's isn't.

Originally Posted by ritz
No, they were not clearcoated. They were OEM reps. I had a "clearcoat" powercoated on them and they ended up looking like shit. The company guaranteed they'd look like they did when I bought them and they ended up looking like a painted silver wheel.
Oh yeah I remember that now.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

ODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these partsODU_Lude is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by blah
Polished with gold centers!!!!

It'll be like an S2000 version of this:
This.

if not, i like the gunmetal with polished lip
Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 AM
RevTek

calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol calisol

polished and i hate you btw......
Old 02-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

or white/polished. simple