Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Oh Noez!

Old 11-29-2009, 05:33 PM
baller/dickbutt#69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Oh Noez!

look on craigslist...

in the t4m category

but be careful...most trannys that are cheap arent good....you have to pay for quality...
Old 11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

but for real for real other reason i couldn't own a subaru is they seem to delicate. if i drove one like i drive my 240, well that think would be broke all the damn time lol.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by nftuatn
look on craigslist...

in the t4m category

but be careful...most trannys that are cheap arent good....you have to pay for quality...

Cl t4m lol n!gga i don't want to read about your personal life.

i'm wondering if i can use a trans from a legacy in it and be aight. or is the gearing different... i'm honestly too lazt to research nasioc to find out right now.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

put an ls1 in it.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TransAmWS6
put an ls1 in it.

if your going to do a silly ass swap why not just drop a v10 alum viper motor in it and really over compensate lol
Old 11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by RandomTask
As far as your plug, you obviously ate something. It looks like you were running super rich though. I'd open the motor up. I promise you could rebuild it better a lot cheaper than the 3.5k used motor price.
Mine ruined the head and the block half as well. I couldn't tell if the rod was bent or if any of the crank journals were bad. My problem stemmed from cracked ring-lands. I was worried that detonation could have caused it and possibly ruined more that I couldn't see without sending the crank to a machine shop.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:31 PM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Also Billie - Gruppe-s has Forrest XT engines from Japan for $3k. They're under 1000km supposedly. Look into them if you're leery of a CL engine with nearly 70k miles on it.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
Drives a Mustang

TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6 TransAmWS6

Originally Posted by OhNoez!
if your going to do a silly ass swap why not just drop a v10 alum viper motor in it and really over compensate lol
haha good call.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:32 AM
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by Corey
Hmm. That spark plug looks familiar. Billie, would you like to see the pictures of my spark plugs and then pictures of the rest of the carnage?
I know! Wayne pulled it out and brought it in laughing. He said hey this is exactly what Corey's looked like.

Originally Posted by Boost-box
hey, my plug looked exactly like that in my 95 talon.

Then I pulled the head and found this....

YIKES!

Originally Posted by RandomTask
It looks like he didn't put the TO bearing retention clip in. It seems the race of the bearing was actually turning on the slide. Since A.) its not supposed to do that and B.) theres no lubrication on it, it caused it to start eating on that slide. Only other thing is that the TO bearing simply failed (either re-used the old one, or a shitty off brand new one) Honestly, aside from the pain of removing the trans, it doesn't seem like it would be that hard to salvage the trans. Might be able to find the slide. (I know nothing about scooby transmissions)

As far as your plug, you obviously ate something. It looks like you were running super rich though. I'd open the motor up. I promise you could rebuild it better a lot cheaper than the 3.5k used motor price.
Perry Subaru said they couldn't tell what happened. They said most likely the guy from Casey didn't install the retention clip right or maybe not even at all.

As far as the rebuild goes.....I just bought a used engine from the Legacy forums for $1800. Not just the longblock......a complete engine (turbo, intercooler and all....which I don't need so I can sell).

I wasn't going to by that $3500 motor.....hell no.

Originally Posted by OhNoez!

lol you would happen to know of a good tranny for cheap would ya?
Legacy transmissions are hard to find and because ofv that they are very expensive. The Perry parts guy tried to find a used one for me and the one he did find had 42K on it and it was $200 less than the brand spanking new one I got from Subaru with a warranty.

From what I have heard Legacy transmissions are better than a wrx one but not as strong as an STI one. I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work with a WRX but I don't know much about that. I have however heard of people rebuilding their WRX transmissions and using Legacy gears.

If it does work......the guy that I bought the engine from is parting his car out and he still has his tranny.

Originally Posted by Corey
Also Billie - Gruppe-s has Forrest XT engines from Japan for $3k. They're under 1000km supposedly. Look into them if you're leery of a CL engine with nearly 70k miles on it.
Wayne showed me that. The JDM forester engine is the same as a USDM STI engine. Then I would have to get a new turbo, intercooler and wouldn't I have to get a new tranny as well?? I decided to just go with stock because I just put on my bigger turbo (2 months ago) and I can swap that and my Perrin TMIC onto the other one.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:57 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Afaik the intake manifold and turbo are different. I don't know about the transmission situation though. WRX transmissions bolt to the forester engine. It's a EJ257.