Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

paint decision e36 m3/pre-stage build thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: paint decision e36 m3/pre-stage build thread

How about this? IDK if its special paint thou.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:45 AM
Banned

doucherice doucherice doucherice doucherice doucherice

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
the only color an 36 m3 should be is estoril blue, but thats just me

not so fast......Dado's M3?

-just sayin
Old 01-31-2010, 10:49 AM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

carbon black carbon black carbon black...pictures don't do it justice, go to the dealership and look

Old 01-31-2010, 12:10 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by POS DSM
carbon black carbon black carbon black...pictures don't do it justice, go to the dealership and look

that color looks great... but it doesn't look black, at all. pretty much blue from what i can tell.

and i've decided to go against the black trend. i'm tired of black on this car.

i never understood all this hype about dado, i don't even know who he is or what he does, but apparently you're cool if you've like, shook his hand or even seen his car on the road somewhere. i guess he's good at drifting? he's got a boosted e36? what's so awesome about that?

the dakar yellow is one of the UGLIEST colors on any car i've ever seen, imo. that, along with laguna seca blue on the 01 m3s. hideous.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:26 PM
Jive Turkey

POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM POS DSM

Thats the thing, it's really not black at all. You really have to see it in person as it's impossible for a picture to capture the color. With no direct light it looks black, but as soon as you show a light on it the blue just pops out.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by blackout
i've made my decision, and i'm sticking to it. like i said, i'll post pics when done... apparently maaco is working to reestablish their image and reputation, maybe they can start with my car.

i...

for your sake, I hope. I really hope they do a good job on your car and that you are satisfied with it.

i personally really like z daytona blue, and that corvette blue, gorgeous color.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:49 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by POS DSM
Thats the thing, it's really not black at all. You really have to see it in person as it's impossible for a picture to capture the color. With no direct light it looks black, but as soon as you show a light on it the blue just pops out.
i did a little more research, and while it is a cool color, it still looks black about 98% of the time, or at least a super dark midnight. not really the direction i wanted to go.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
for your sake, I hope. I really hope they do a good job on your car and that you are satisfied with it.

i personally really like z daytona blue, and that corvette blue, gorgeous color.
i like the z blue as well, and the vette blue looks pretty similar... but i think they're too close to estoril, which is a lighter shade than i wanted to go with. this thread was probably moot, as i think i'm bought and sold on interlagos blue... especially because technically it is an m color. [fortune] terry's rx-7 was an awesome shade of blue too, but if i remember correctly it was super expensive house of kolors stuff... i'm pretty sure maaco can pull off the factory colors, i'm not prepared to go into the realm of custom. not on this car.

i was seriously considering doing a very deep red, almost the same hue distance from black, but just red. if any of you remember my 240, if i did end up going this route i would have had a couple shades darker than this-

Old 01-31-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

doucherice doucherice doucherice doucherice doucherice

^^^^^^pos rice

-just sayin
Old 01-31-2010, 04:31 PM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by blackout

i never understood all this hype about dado, i don't even know who he is or what he does, but apparently you're cool if you've like, shook his hand or even seen his car on the road somewhere. i guess he's good at drifting? he's got a boosted e36? what's so awesome about that?

the dakar yellow is one of the UGLIEST colors on any car i've ever seen, imo. that, along with laguna seca blue on the 01 m3s. hideous.
dado USED to hang out with mischeif and do a bunch of crazy/stupid/dangerous stuff with automobiles, and some say he is a bad drifter/a dick in person. i thought he was pretty nice, and did pretty good imo at drifting, he came to a local pungo event
Old 01-31-2010, 04:46 PM
master debater

Originally Posted by doucherice
^^^^^^pos rice

-just sayin
it seems you've made an impression on the boards. congratulations? i am curious as to what you drive that's put you on this high horse, troll. and judging by the hurt feelings i have a hunch it's something that probably lost to a honda... and i also have a feeling this isn't your first tenure on these boards... just sayin.

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
dado USED to hang out with mischeif and do a bunch of crazy/stupid/dangerous stuff with automobiles, and some say he is a bad drifter/a dick in person. i thought he was pretty nice, and did pretty good imo at drifting, he came to a local pungo event
so this elevates him to celebrity status? don't get it... but i guess it's pretty easy to get impressionable ricers like our resident troll quoted above to swoon over you by putting a bright yellow boosted m3 into a couple walls.

Quick Reply: paint decision e36 m3/pre-stage build thread