Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

paint decision e36 m3/pre-stage build thread

Old 01-31-2010, 06:00 PM
NAZI mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER
Default Re: paint decision e36 m3/pre-stage build thread

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99

How about this? IDK if its special paint thou.
Jetstream blue.

DO IT
Old 02-01-2010, 04:06 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

JS Blue

nassau blue

Electron blue

the blue on the 370z is nice

the blue on the 350z as well

lemans blue
Old 02-01-2010, 04:14 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by JROW
JS Blue

nassau blue

Electron blue

the blue on the 370z is nice

the blue on the 350z as well

lemans blue
those are all similar shades and would all do the job.

but i'm telling them in about 45 minutes to paint it interlagos.

i still like the original color i picked too... but i want it more blue than that.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

slammed has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
yep, everytime we get a car thats been painted at maaco, we have to strip the car completely down cause as soon as you start sanding, everything just falls off. You cant feather anything out cause nothing underneath was prepped enough and even the pre cleaner starts to react with the paint, its stupid an we charge a grand to strip the car, etch prime it, urethane it and then start the body process.Duane we have this integra in the shop right now that was painted at maaco, holy crap, they tried to fix the quarter panel on it. It literally, and Im not exagerating here, had 6 inches of bondo on it. 6 FREAKING INCHES, I mean they didnt even try to pull the panel out at all, just slapped some mud on there and kept going with it, it was ridiculous. We ended up just cutting the entire panel off and putting a new one on. and of course you know how there paint jobs look, just absolutely terrilble, 36 grit scratches everywhere, fisheye and dirt all over the place, so tetury a roll on paint job would look better. I guess some people just dont care as long as it costs 4 dollars to paint a car, ha.
WORD, this has been my expierence fixing thier F'ups. Yes pre-klean, does not like the material that maaco uses lol
Old 02-01-2010, 05:11 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Originally Posted by blackout
so this elevates him to celebrity status? don't get it... but i guess it's pretty easy to get impressionable ricers like our resident troll quoted above to swoon over you by putting a bright yellow boosted m3 into a couple walls.
i always thought it was cool, that i actually met a internet celeb(minor of course) who i had seen running from cops, street drifting, beating up on exotics, and doing crazy stuff. while now all of that stuff is frowned upon, i guess it used to be big. that and the mischeif guys live close to hear(maryland) so its not uncommon to see them filming
Old 02-01-2010, 05:29 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW

Originally Posted by blackout
those are all similar shades and would all do the job.

but i'm telling them in about 45 minutes to paint it interlagos.

i still like the original color i picked too... but i want it more blue than that.
As long as it's blue it can't look bad.
Old 02-01-2010, 05:51 AM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
i always thought it was cool, that i actually met a internet celeb(minor of course) who i had seen running from cops, street drifting, beating up on exotics, and doing crazy stuff. while now all of that stuff is frowned upon, i guess it used to be big. that and the mischeif guys live close to hear(maryland) so its not uncommon to see them filming
I guess 5 years ago I would have thought it was cool too. Now it just gets on my nerves seeing people think it's so awesome to get arrested for doing donuts in the street.

Where in MD are you at?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:42 AM
master debater

I just picked it up yesterday, and snapped a few quick pics in very low/shit lighting with my phone. Personally, I'm happy. It's not perfect, but I definitely didn't pay for perfect. My headlights aren't painted over, and there's no obvious defects with the paint, so I got what I paid for. My only complaint is they painted over the moulding when I told them not to, but after seeing it it doesn't look bad, and my moulding was faded anyway. Maybe something I can replace down the line, and I have a '3 year gloss guarantee' and they told me I can bring it back if it starts to flake.

I'll get some better pics after this retarded snow is gone, or at least the sun comes out. I still have a few parts I need to get on it to make it look a little better too. You can hardly tell the color in these pics, but I guess they get the point across...

Old 02-17-2010, 05:45 AM
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

hmmm, pictures dont help(look like i took them) but from what you say, doesnt seem bad

edit- i live in vb, he came to a local drift event, and i met him there, and have talked to him on other occasions on the net.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Coldaccord has disabled reputation

a car needs to have a lot of shit removed before a proper paint job. bumpers, lights, glass, trim at the very least. maaco doesn't do any of that, they just tape off your glass and paint.

in 2 years this paint will look so awful. need to pull the molding? gonna have to repaint the panel. need a new window gasket? going to have to repaint the painel. etc.

not to mention you're putting h&r sports on with oe shocks. they will likely blow soon. get some bilstein sports.

i hope you sell this car cheap, because in decent condition they go for 5k.

-fellow 95 m3 owner.

Quick Reply: paint decision e36 m3/pre-stage build thread