Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?

Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?

I would definately like to hear the outcome of this. That just sounds freakin rediculous.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:21 AM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?

Goodluck dave
this car really does look absolutely stock and there is no reason it would stand out

Last edited by streetlamp; 04-26-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

vitamin ef has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
This is the part I'm worried about. We all know in the state of virginia anyone without grey hair or driving an import is guilty until proven beyond all doubt innocent.
Amen brother, don't ever go against what a cop says in front of the judge, that's just a dumb move in Virginia... They keep pushing people man, someones going to snap off, it's a matter of time... I got a ticket for faiure to yield, after waiting at a stop sign for 30 seconds, letting cars have right away, decide to go, a cop comes out behind hedges and says I failed to yield, there was absolutely no where to yield... Stop and let cars hit me, or go and escape from being hit... then the running a red light, when it was obviously green, turned yellow, midway intersection car infront was going a total of 5 mph, only reason I got pulled was cause the exhaust was chromed out, 2 more tickets, got the 2 other tickets fixed, still guilty on all 3, it's just bullshit, State police and virginia beach police all suck... Go find the fucking killers, prostitutes, drug dealers, leave people alone that are doing an american heritage, hooking up cars and having a good time...

Let's face it, cops don't like any challenges, they don't want anyone having guns, or fast cars....

Anyways, good luck man
Old 04-26-2007, 10:32 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Vitamin EF
I got a ticket for faiure to yield, after waiting at a stop sign for 30 seconds, letting cars have right away, decide to go, a cop comes out behind hedges and says I failed to yield
Originally Posted by Vitamin EF
there was absolutely no where to yield... Stop and let cars hit me, or go and escape from being hit
Well there was obviously somewhere to stop if you were there for 30 secs. If you need to fabricate stories, at least fabricate a good one.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Buy a domestic... I get thumbs up sometimes.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:17 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Buy a domestic... I get thumbs up sometimes.
and other times, cops follow you and pull you over.... for non legal exhaust
Old 04-26-2007, 11:20 AM
Zero System

dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl dbltrbl

One of my friends got pulled in his 240sx for the same shit about 2 years ago. I was actually in the car w/him when he got pulled over, cop said his exhaust was illegal, when it was actually bone stock... The only aftermarket parts he had on his car was a set of TEIN coilover shocks, that's it... He actually got the cop to look under the car and it said NISSAN right on the muffler and he stopped writing the ticket right there... As soon as he saw that shit was stock, he let us off with a "warning" and then rolled out.....dumbass..
Old 04-26-2007, 01:18 PM
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

I used to get pulled over on my stock exhaust all the time in my old MR2, and it has happened 2 times in the last year in My MSP. I have always managed to convince the officer that it was stock though. The last time the cop didn't believe me, but luckily, another cop arrived, and told him what was up. It was funny because I could see them talking in my rearview mirror, and I knew that he was telling the first cop that my car came with a cat-back stock, and then he came up to my window and said "Have a good day."
It has been irritating getting pulled over all the time, but I generally drive like an old lady, and I'm pretty tactful when I have to deal with people, so they are generally pretty nice back. So not all cops are jerks, some just don't know any better. The judge however, after seeing the proper evidence has no excuse for prosecuting on a false charge. I would say in that case, to get a lawyer, and take it to a higher court, as well as sue for the cost of missing work , and paying the lawyer. If you have a legitimately legal exhaust, than you have a rock solid case against the city. It all really depends on how far you are willing to take it.

Last edited by R. Danneskjöld; 04-26-2007 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:03 PM
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

I got pulled by a cop at 8am for tint, I threw my hands in the air and said it was bullshit. . . exact words.

He commented on my exhaust, proved my tint was illegal and gave me a warning.

The next month, I met my friend who was pulled over to drive some people home and wound up in handcuffs for the same language.

Every cop is different, some will let you go doing 120mph in a 45mph (from experience)

Others will pull you over for taking a wrong turn in Kingsmill. . . (from experience).

Cops are people, some will let things go that others won't, and some will be bored and want to pull over someone and make things up.

I would say for the most part cops are good people.
Go to court and prove that you have the moral high ground.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Registered member

talonman has disabled reputation

I was pulled over in my Si a wile back for speeding and he asked if my exhaust was stock which it is. I told him yes it was and he was more than welcome to get underneath and take a look and he said no I dont think that will be necessary.

So what was the outcome on this case Dave?

Quick Reply: Received a ticket for stock exhaust.. anyone had this happen before?