Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

s2000 owners get in here; pros/cons associated with them?

Old 05-31-2009, 01:03 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020 User 102020
Default Re: s2000 owners get in here; pros/cons associated with them?

Originally Posted by Anon
Its an Automotive Masterpiece.
+111111111 ooooooommmmmmmmggggggg
Old 05-31-2009, 01:05 PM
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Getting a little off topic.

Basically I'm deciding between an 06 s2000 and an 09 Civic Si sedan.

Both will stay stock, so the cost/ability to modify does not bother me.
Why 09...
I hate the new style, might just be me though.
Old 05-31-2009, 03:52 PM
Registered member

TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan TheMuffinMan

For a DD and those two, you're probably better with the SI.

I just literally picked up an S2000 about a week ago and love mine.

But I"m 22, have no kids/etc and have absolutely no reason to move stuff around. I was also considering an SI sedan myself

The choice came down for me at least to what I could get better used w/ excellent service record.

The S2000 I got was 1 owner, under 10k miles a year came with all paperwork (including the stuff from Honda) and all that - I failed to find a good SI with all that.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:03 PM
S2k'd again

s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough

I had my 01 for a little over 2 years. Loved every single day of it. So much, that i'm looking for another.

I sold it for debt reasons, but I am about to just say screw it and get another.

Ive had golf clubs in mine many times, never had a problem.

Like Muffinman said, I dont have kids or any reason to move things around so the two seater and not a huge trunk never bothered me.

My girlfriend even misses it.
Old 05-31-2009, 04:06 PM
jarnett photography

akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei akalei

I had an s2k, sold it for a sedan, got another s2k.

I dunno, I absolutely love my car. It's not for everyone, but no car is. If you're super worried about being comfy, it may not be the best daily that's for sure. But I've had 2 spanning about 3yrs of ownership, and I never truly had any kind of issue that made me think, man I really don't want this car anymore because I can't fit something in it.

The only gripe I have is really the driving in winter issue and the fact that I burn through rear tires at an incredibly retarded rate. But the tire issue is my own fault so there's only so much blame I can place on the s2k.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:44 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by Corey
Get the SI sedan. So much versatility. It's a much better daily driver, IMO.
It's a very nice car...thus why I'm truly considering it.

Originally Posted by 07civicSI
Why 09...
I hate the new style, might just be me though.
I honestly can't tell that much of a difference. I need to get an 08 and 09 next to each other.

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
For a DD and those two, you're probably better with the SI.

I just literally picked up an S2000 about a week ago and love mine.

But I"m 22, have no kids/etc and have absolutely no reason to move stuff around. I was also considering an SI sedan myself

The choice came down for me at least to what I could get better used w/ excellent service record.

The S2000 I got was 1 owner, under 10k miles a year came with all paperwork (including the stuff from Honda) and all that - I failed to find a good SI with all that.
I'm 22, have no kids, and the same stuff as you...so that's pretty much it. The one I'm looking at has 10k on it, single owner with records.

Originally Posted by s2kattracks
I had my 01 for a little over 2 years. Loved every single day of it. So much, that i'm looking for another.

I sold it for debt reasons, but I am about to just say screw it and get another.

Ive had golf clubs in mine many times, never had a problem.

Like Muffinman said, I dont have kids or any reason to move things around so the two seater and not a huge trunk never bothered me.

My girlfriend even misses it.
I have zero debt (fortunately...student loans are paid for), and can handle the payments and insurance without much thought. Still looking for a job I enjoy getting paid for though lol.

Originally Posted by akalei
I had an s2k, sold it for a sedan, got another s2k.

I dunno, I absolutely love my car. It's not for everyone, but no car is. If you're super worried about being comfy, it may not be the best daily that's for sure. But I've had 2 spanning about 3yrs of ownership, and I never truly had any kind of issue that made me think, man I really don't want this car anymore because I can't fit something in it.

The only gripe I have is really the driving in winter issue and the fact that I burn through rear tires at an incredibly retarded rate. But the tire issue is my own fault so there's only so much blame I can place on the s2k.
You've seen me, I'm small. I'm going to be down here all the time, again like you, so the weather shouldn't be a deciding factor either.

Basically, I'm just trying to weigh my options. If my gf and I go on a trip, I still have my/her 00 Civic Sedan we can take...so that's not a problem. I guess it's like me almost getting a second car.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:58 AM
S2k'd again

s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough

Just go ahead and get one

You wont be disappointed.
Old 06-01-2009, 06:12 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Levi, to be perfectly honest..

You WILL want another car as a daily driver. Daily driving the S2000 everyday, you will get annoyed. It's a nice car no doubt, but I find my self in positions where I have to borrow cars to pick up items that you would normally be able to fit in a two seater civic.

Everything is expensive for these. If you get an AP1, make sure you get the "Updated" map sensor with the infamous zip tie...haha.

The AP1 radios suck ass, like no other. I haven't ever owned a stock radioed car that gets the worse reception, EVAR. If you think about getting a hardtop, pay the loot for a REAL one or the OEM one. The knock-offs (suprise) leak. They don't seal all the way properly, the drivers window scratches against the paint and you get windnoise like a motherfucker. I put cardboard on the strikers/latch though so it clamps down harder, Ha.

When you lower the S2000s, you have to remove the Rear bumper tabs and put in a new screw or they will make a shit ton of noise on bumps.

Like flite said, they are cop magnets. Ask my driving record how I know..haha. You can be doing the speed limit and everything right, but all eyes are on you. It sucks, I want a stock automatic car just to daily drive, they look for any and every reason to pull you over here, in Virginia Beach. A lot of my friends think now that I have a RWD car "you can drift" no, not in this thing. The rear ends are weak and even when you get them sideways, they're hard to maintain because the steering is so touchy.

However, if you just want the car lowered and some wheels just to look good, go for it.

The stock soft tops in AP1's are gay, but thats why I have a hardtop. Hard 24/7 lolol. You'll get people come up to you all the time "is that a v6 or v8?" "Who makes that?" Wow I've never seen Honda make that. People love these things.
Oh yeah, just about everything is "next day"........need lugnuts? "Next day" fuck it, even if they're the same thread pitch and all as a civic....next day. haha.

I absolutley love my S2000 though, I've put it up for sale quite a few times but have taken it down because I want to keep it as long as I can. Just keep in mind, you will want a beater car..
Old 06-01-2009, 06:14 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Also, get up on S2ki.com and read up around there.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:06 AM
S2k'd again

I know its some what noisy in the S, but I have a harder time hearing people on the phone in my 00GSR then I did in the S.

Needless to say, Im looking for another S2k. Its not a drifting car, its a handling car.

Quick Reply: s2000 owners get in here; pros/cons associated with them?