Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

s2000 owners get in here; pros/cons associated with them?

Old 06-01-2009, 07:07 AM
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: s2000 owners get in here; pros/cons associated with them?

Levi, to be perfectly honest

You don't want an S2000
Old 06-01-2009, 07:09 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by Flite

You don't want an S2000
Hahahaha <3<3<3
Old 06-01-2009, 07:10 AM
S2k'd again

s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by I spy Psi,No?
Also, get up on S2ki.com and read up around there.
Really good S2000 site.

Though, over the past year its become flooded with a bunch of newbs. Mainly because anyone can get a s2000 now.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:21 AM
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

Loved mine. Only thing I didnt like was space as a daily driver and only vehicle at the time.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:23 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by s2kattracks
Really good S2000 site.

Though, over the past year its become flooded with a bunch of newbs. Mainly because anyone can get a s2000 now.
S2ki is not what it used to be. The specific and regional forums are still good, but the general forums are... I don't want to say "crap"... but they've gone down hill a bit. Luckily there are still enough of the old guys there to make it an invaluable resource for a new S2000 owner.

I'm a moderator there too, so if you need a hand with anything, let me know.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:25 AM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

S2ki is not what it used to be. The specific and regional forums are still good, but the general forums are... I don't want to say "crap"... but they've gone down hill a bit. Luckily there are still enough of the old guys there to make it an invaluable resource for a new S2000 owner.

I'm a moderator there too, so if you need a hand with anything, let me know.
I'm a noob on s2ki and I stick to specifically Mid-A just because I don't like the rest of the forum...it's a bunch of cluster fuck.
Old 06-01-2009, 07:40 AM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

I'm a noob on s2ki and I stick to specifically Mid-A just because I don't like the rest of the forum...it's a bunch of cluster fuck.
The Mid-A is probably one of the busiest/biggest regional forums, but there is a ton of great info to learn everywhere on that site.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Levi, to be perfectly honest..

You WILL want another car as a daily driver. Daily driving the S2000 everyday, you will get annoyed. It's a nice car no doubt, but I find my self in positions where I have to borrow cars to pick up items that you would normally be able to fit in a two seater civic.

Everything is expensive for these. If you get an AP1, make sure you get the "Updated" map sensor with the infamous zip tie...haha.

The AP1 radios suck ass, like no other. I haven't ever owned a stock radioed car that gets the worse reception, EVAR. If you think about getting a hardtop, pay the loot for a REAL one or the OEM one. The knock-offs (suprise) leak. They don't seal all the way properly, the drivers window scratches against the paint and you get windnoise like a motherfucker. I put cardboard on the strikers/latch though so it clamps down harder, Ha.

When you lower the S2000s, you have to remove the Rear bumper tabs and put in a new screw or they will make a shit ton of noise on bumps.

Like flite said, they are cop magnets. Ask my driving record how I know..haha. You can be doing the speed limit and everything right, but all eyes are on you. It sucks, I want a stock automatic car just to daily drive, they look for any and every reason to pull you over here, in Virginia Beach. A lot of my friends think now that I have a RWD car "you can drift" no, not in this thing. The rear ends are weak and even when you get them sideways, they're hard to maintain because the steering is so touchy.

However, if you just want the car lowered and some wheels just to look good, go for it.

The stock soft tops in AP1's are gay, but thats why I have a hardtop. Hard 24/7 lolol. You'll get people come up to you all the time "is that a v6 or v8?" "Who makes that?" Wow I've never seen Honda make that. People love these things.
Oh yeah, just about everything is "next day"........need lugnuts? "Next day" fuck it, even if they're the same thread pitch and all as a civic....next day. haha.

I absolutley love my S2000 though, I've put it up for sale quite a few times but have taken it down because I want to keep it as long as I can. Just keep in mind, you will want a beater car..
I'm looking at an 06...nothing earlier...so AP2. I've seen they have gotten the "changes" the AP1's needed...such that Honda fixed many of the problems the earlier AP1's had.

Yes, car will be stock motor, only lowered with wheels after a certain period of time. I will have another car at all times I can drive (either an 88 Dakota for towing/loads, or my 00 Civic or GF's Taurus).

Also, get up on S2ki.com and read up around there.
Already looked. Good FAQ's and such.

You don't want an S2000
Yes I do

The way I look at it is...I'm young, have no debt, can afford it with ease, have a secondary car if/when needed, and want to enjoy little things while I still can. I don't need the extra space daily, and actually see the new SI's as "boatish."
Old 06-01-2009, 01:02 PM
NUMBER4

fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish fish

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
and actually see the new SI's as "boatish."
Just about every car I've looked at after been in an S2000 for a while, seems "boatish".
Old 06-01-2009, 01:39 PM
S2k'd again

s2kattracks will become famous soon enoughs2kattracks will become famous soon enough

Yes, they all do...my integra even does

Quick Reply: s2000 owners get in here; pros/cons associated with them?