Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package

Old 06-13-2007, 06:25 AM
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package

I understand that a lot of it is the name... and that it adds value to the car, and part of me understands why someone would pay extra for that, and the other part of me wonders why someone would waste all that money on something that could be done for less than half of the price, and maybe even done better. I'm not trying to bash, and I'm not taking sips of hatorate, but fuck.. That's a lot of money, even to Rich.

What does a base model GT cost? I know the GT500 is quite a bit more expensive, but can you get a GT for like $25k? Maybe just a tad more? I'm trying to get a feel for how much it could potentially cost to turn a new generation Mustang into a real (well rounded) horse.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:45 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
What does a base model GT cost? I know the GT500 is quite a bit more expensive, but can you get a GT for like $25k? Maybe just a tad more? I'm trying to get a feel for how much it could potentially cost to turn a new generation Mustang into a real (well rounded) horse.
I know exactly how you feel, that's the main reason I hate Roush and Saleen, they are overpriced pieces of underperforming shit that can be had for MUCH less money.

Carroll Shelby is a living legend and his name recognition is the only thing driving the price of these cars up. If it were just a "Cobra", it would be much less.

A new GT will run you anywhere from $25k-$30k w/options. MSRP on the GT500 is $42,975 for a coupe.
Old 06-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered Member

Mid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the roughMid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the roughMid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the roughMid Atlantic Performance is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
I know exactly how you feel, that's the main reason I hate Roush and Saleen, they are overpriced pieces of underperforming shit that can be had for MUCH less money.
exactly
Old 06-13-2007, 08:57 AM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

I can see a collector buying these for the sole purpose of having a collector car, since they are gonna be a very limited production SHELBY car. As for the normal guy that wants a driver, you could mod a GT, and have Exactly what YOU want, for much less.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:26 AM
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by tie fitr
I can see a collector buying these for the sole purpose of having a collector car, since they are gonna be a very limited production SHELBY car. As for the normal guy that wants a driver, you could mod a GT, and have Exactly what YOU want, for much less.
Well said. I guess that does put it in perspective.

I can understand why someone would buy it as part of a collection, but if someone wanted it because it was just a beefier Mustang to drive to work everyday, they would be a fool in my eyes.
Old 06-13-2007, 09:30 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
It's not all about HP.
What else does this thing have going for it?
Old 06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by dave22
As far as I'm concerned, certainly not the aesthetics. I don't think the new Mustang is an attractive car, personally.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:03 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

I think this car looks amazing. And 15" brake rotors?!

Originally Posted by ZeRo_c0oL@work
It oughta suck your dick for you too for $27k...

I mean, I read about tuning it for more horsepower, but IMO everything that package includes (even tuning) could be done for well under $10,000... We're talking brakes, suspension, exhaust, short throw shifter?
I agree.

You're buying the name though, and that's where the money comes from.

EDIT: I posted before reading the whole thread. I see Ashley covered this already.

Last edited by Brock Obama; 06-13-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by XCELR8
I agree.

You're buying the name though, and that's where the money comes from.
I wish my fucking name was worth that much. Hell, I wish it was worth anything! I'll take $2.
Old 06-13-2007, 10:06 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by dave22
More than a NSX, that's all I know.

Quick Reply: Shelby Reveals Price of ‘Super Snake’ Package