Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Sirius placement?

Old 02-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Sirius placement?

I wanna hook up my Sirius radio in my EJ6... The problem is, I have no fuckin clue where to put it... I don't really want it on my dash and above the cup holder would seem like a good idea but I want to put gauges there eventually... Suggestions?

This isn't a shot of my interior but its the same interior...

This is my reciever... Audiovox PNP4... Got it as an xmas gift in 05 I think...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 02-19-2010 at 02:41 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:45 PM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber
Default Re: Sirius placement?

put it in the cupholder bin.

buy the gauge cluster surround piece that will hold two gauges.

done.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by phyber
put it in the cupholder bin.

buy the gauge cluster surround piece that will hold two gauges.

done.
lmfao!! I just ran all my wires half ass for the moment and just laid the reciever in the cup holder... I'm surprised it still works... I haven't listened to it in a couple years... Is that jank free now?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
lmfao!! I just ran all my wires half ass for the moment and just laid the reciever in the cup holder... I'm surprised it still works... I haven't listened to it in a couple years... Is that jank free now?
wut?

unless u figured out a way to remove that lil fold down coin bin and attach some kinda platform for the dock to be screwed to, thats the only logical place to have it and control it.

if you wanted to really be baller, just get an alpine or kenood receiver (something nice) that you can buy the sirius controller for...no extra box, everything is controlled from the head unit.

also...who the hell listens to sirius? i know the merger with XM finally happened, but for reals...with itunes u can get so many podcasts, ur ears will bleed from talk radio. you can download all the music you want with no commericals, and cell phones have the capability of playing sports games/sports scores, some even thru the head unit.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:49 PM
Zerofucksgiven

wut?

unless u figured out a way to remove that lil fold down coin bin and attach some kinda platform for the dock to be screwed to, thats the only logical place to have it and control it.

if you wanted to really be baller, just get an alpine or kenood receiver (something nice) that you can buy the sirius controller for...no extra box, everything is controlled from the head unit.

also...who the hell listens to sirius? i know the merger with XM finally happened, but for reals...with itunes u can get so many podcasts, ur ears will bleed from talk radio. you can download all the music you want with no commericals, and cell phones have the capability of playing sports games/sports scores, some even thru the head unit.
I'm not exactly up to date on technology as my pockets are pretty shallow at the moment... No ipod, no 360, still have a 32" tv, etc... I had a Walkman and it died on me...

The Audiovox unit was a gift a few years ago... I was askin if the service was free... My mom used to pay a subscription for it every year as an xmas present...

Edit: I think if I put the unit where the coin holder is, I'd hit it w/ my knee when I disengage/engage the clutch or hit it w/ my hand when I roll down the window...

Last edited by Cyanide Jello; 02-19-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
I'm not exactly up to date on technology as my pockets are pretty shallow at the moment... No ipod, no 360, still have a 32" tv, etc... I had a Walkman and it died on me...

The Audiovox unit was a gift a few years ago... I was askin if the service was free... My mom used to pay a subscription for it every year as an xmas present...

Edit: I think if I put the unit where the coin holder is, I'd hit it w/ my knee when I disengage/engage the clutch or hit it w/ my hand when I roll down the window...
you can still be high tech with itunes.

you can download any podcasts you want, then burn them onto a cd.

i myself am not the most financially liberal guy, and my ipod is the 1st gen Nano 4gb, and i couldnt imagine my auto life without it. i used to have cds everywhere gettn scratched and cd book/holders takin up tons of space. now my whole collection is in one compact case. But i'm looking to get an 8gb ipod touch for the right price.

the service is not free, and it never was/will be. i believe the fee is $13/month unless it has risen. with no commericals providing funding, the sirius providers need SOME method of gettn paid, so a fee is enforced on users.

also, if you wanted a step up from standard fm radio, look into HD Radio options for your head unit. HD stations are popping up everywhere and are very popular now, offering CD quality radio...for free! (u just buy the needed hardware)
Old 02-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Reef tank addict

what if you made some kind of "elevation bracket" that attached to the coin holder, but ending up mounting the unit higher, maybe near the air vent?

or how about a suction mount on the dash/windshield?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Zerofucksgiven

you can still be high tech with itunes.

you can download any podcasts you want, then burn them onto a cd.

i myself am not the most financially liberal guy, and my ipod is the 1st gen Nano 4gb, and i couldnt imagine my auto life without it. i used to have cds everywhere gettn scratched and cd book/holders takin up tons of space. now my whole collection is in one compact case. But i'm looking to get an 8gb ipod touch for the right price.

the service is not free, and it never was/will be. i believe the fee is $13/month unless it has risen. with no commericals providing funding, the sirius providers need SOME method of gettn paid, so a fee is enforced on users.

also, if you wanted a step up from standard fm radio, look into HD Radio options for your head unit. HD stations are popping up everywhere and are very popular now, offering CD quality radio...for free! (u just buy the needed hardware)
I do need a new headunit... I got some junk ass Panasonic that come w/ the car...

I had hard time being in my car when my Walkman took a shit...

The radio stations in Roanoke suck balls... We have two top 20 stations, a couple country, oldies and one rock station that plays mostly shit from 70s-80s...

what if you made some kind of "elevation bracket" that attached to the coin holder, but ending up mounting the unit higher, maybe near the air vent?

or how about a suction mount on the dash/windshield?
I thought about the windshield too but the unit is a few years old so I dunno if I could find that particular mount... Plus I really don't like havin stuff in my field of view...
Old 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM
Reef tank addict

well keep your budget simple...think overall/longterm if u get a headunit.

personally i favor alpines. i like using them, they sound incredible, and the BioLite display is all i'll get. BUT, with my next headunit, i wanna get one that has a USB input. that way, i can go to walmart, get a 30gb usb flash drive for $25 or etc...and have my ENTIRE music collection three fold on there. The only problem is that ive gotten spoiled to my ipod control with my current alpine deck, and searching files wont be as easy on the usb stick...but ill have more...

just check everything out...btw, i'm rocking an Alpine CDA-9857. Its a considerably older unit, but was top of the line it's model year. hasn't let me down yet, and the only system i have is 2 10" Alpine Type S subs and a MTX 200w amp.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Zerofucksgiven

well keep your budget simple...think overall/longterm if u get a headunit.

personally i favor alpines. i like using them, they sound incredible, and the BioLite display is all i'll get. BUT, with my next headunit, i wanna get one that has a USB input. that way, i can go to walmart, get a 30gb usb flash drive for $25 or etc...and have my ENTIRE music collection three fold on there. The only problem is that ive gotten spoiled to my ipod control with my current alpine deck, and searching files wont be as easy on the usb stick...but ill have more...

just check everything out...btw, i'm rocking an Alpine CDA-9857. Its a considerably older unit, but was top of the line it's model year. hasn't let me down yet, and the only system i have is 2 10" Alpine Type S subs and a MTX 200w amp.
I'm a big fan of Pioneer head units and Fusion Audio or Pioneer speakers...

I wouldn't mind having an ipod for music, I just hate having cords everywhere...

But in the meantime, where am I gona put this reciever?

Quick Reply: Sirius placement?