Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

skyline registration?

Old 05-30-2008, 08:44 PM
look what you did!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie
Default Re: skyline registration?

Thats the point of this thred , I'm "DOING" my homework. Today I hit a brick wall, see the thing is a you have to be a registered importer to be able to legalize it for road use. Emisions is noy the issue its safety standards and for a 96-98 skyline its costs 50k to get it certified. For a 95 gtr it only costs 20k to get it to pass , I guess its because the 95 has duel air bags.

But if I could ever come up w/ the 20k extra I would deff. do it!!!!!!

Its a good investment if you can get into a $50,000+ car for 30k.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:13 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You just did a complete turnaround from your last post.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Banned

2theskys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by crxrookie
Thats the point of this thred , I'm "DOING" my homework. Today I hit a brick wall, see the thing is a you have to be a registered importer to be able to legalize it for road use. Emisions is noy the issue its safety standards and for a 96-98 skyline its costs 50k to get it certified. For a 95 gtr it only costs 20k to get it to pass , I guess its because the 95 has duel air bags.

But if I could ever come up w/ the 20k extra I would deff. do it!!!!!!

Its a good investment if you can get into a $50,000+ car for 30k.
i know where you can get a r32 gtst with about 260 or so hp black with two sets of volks for 25k and it is here in the states and it is totally legal plus i know where to get an rb26 front cut for 4gs or less to do a power up swap on it if the rb20 isnt enough for you. total cost less than 30k.
pm me for details.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:08 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

The R33 certification that motorex had expired in march, from what I heard all R32,R33,R34 models are on hold right now and can't be legalized properly.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:45 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by NX2KDET
The R33 certification that motorex had expired in march, from what I heard all R32,R33,R34 models are on hold right now and can't be legalized properly.
^^ what he said. I have heard DHS is showing up at skyline owners doors and repoing.

To the original poster... Your not smarter then the 8 million people who have gone this route before. Shockingly your not the first person to try to import the skyline. Most likely you'll end up spending more time/effort then the car is worth.
Old 06-17-2008, 06:55 AM
Registered member

dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc dc/dc

Originally Posted by 2theskys
i know where you can get a r32 gtst with about 260 or so hp black with two sets of volks for 25k and it is here in the states and it is totally legal plus i know where to get an rb26 front cut for 4gs or less to do a power up swap on it if the rb20 isnt enough for you. total cost less than 30k.
pm me for details.
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 AM
look what you did!

crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie

Originally Posted by Newbsauce
^^ what he said. I have heard DHS is showing up at skyline owners doors and repoing.

To the original poster... Your not smarter then the 8 million people who have gone this route before. Shockingly your not the first person to try to import the skyline. Most likely you'll end up spending more time/effort then the car is worth.

Its just a huge rigamaro, I'll proly never have a cool 40k or MORE to do it , but I love the skyline so much I had to try.
Old 06-17-2008, 07:42 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

http://modifiedcartrader.com/search/...ction=&power=0
Old 06-17-2008, 07:57 AM
look what you did!

good site!!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 AM
WIKAP WIKAP PLBTTTTT

eeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to alleeterp is a name known to all

Originally Posted by 2theskys
pm me for details.
omg where? I wanna do some deeeep slides with high revs and lots of smoke

Quick Reply: skyline registration?