Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

SR-22????

Old 04-28-2007 | 07:50 PM
Registered member

bZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these partsbZeRk187 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: SR-22????

It's not a big deal as long as you maintain it for 5 years without any lapses in coverage. The DMV just wants you to prove that your being responsible......and ream you for $500
Old 04-28-2007 | 07:55 PM
Patron

Cactus_Jack has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bZeRk187
It's not a big deal as long as you maintain it for 5 years without any lapses in coverage. The DMV just wants you to prove that your being responsible......and ream you for $500
that seems like the jist of it... i hate virginia law
Old 04-28-2007 | 08:57 PM
Registered Member

crznx2000 has disabled reputation

dont get any reckless tickets....same thing happened to me. i took care of it all, everything was good. till i broke traction in a parking lot. Now this was in a j30 infinity, i just gave it to much gas on bald tires....long story short, i got found guilty for a reckless! this se3nt my insurance throught the roof, i mean 3 times what it had been. sr22s suck. id ask dmv to allow you to have a case hearing, you can get the charge dropped if you try hard enough, i think it would be worth it.....im asuming you were active duty, and not in town? that would be proof enough. just my thoughts.
Old 04-28-2007 | 09:17 PM
Patron

Originally Posted by crznx2000
dont get any reckless tickets....same thing happened to me. i took care of it all, everything was good. till i broke traction in a parking lot. Now this was in a j30 infinity, i just gave it to much gas on bald tires....long story short, i got found guilty for a reckless! this se3nt my insurance throught the roof, i mean 3 times what it had been. sr22s suck. id ask dmv to allow you to have a case hearing, you can get the charge dropped if you try hard enough, i think it would be worth it.....im asuming you were active duty, and not in town? that would be proof enough. just my thoughts.
the car was inoperatable at the time in was uninsured. I don;t want to get a case going unless I know I could get the charge dropped.
Old 04-29-2007 | 10:41 AM
Patron

this sucks
Old 04-29-2007 | 11:06 AM
Registered Member

KaeJR will become famous soon enough

like the guys said before..."welcome to Virginia" if this ever happens again you aare supposed to turn your tags back into DMV whenever you lose coverage because as soon as you're uninsured they are notified.....Like the other guy said though, if you were on active duty or had just been reassigned or something that is proof enough of not driving the car, otherwise they are going to claim neglegance on your behalf and a trail wouldn't be worth your time....good luck though