Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

streched tire's 225 on a 9.5

Old 04-01-2007, 03:36 AM
Danny@respecgarage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE
Default Re: streched tire's 225 on a 9.5

I tried mounting them my self and no dice.

I tried paying a race shop that especialized in hard to mount race tires and no dice.

I tried blowing it up like a semi-truck tire and no dice.

No one around my area wants to touch these tires because they dont want to damage the WORKS. hahahaha..........rednecks!!!
Old 04-01-2007, 03:52 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240
No one around my area wants to touch these tires because they dont want to damage the WORKS. hahahaha..........rednecks!!!
No one who owns a business wants to do it because they will be liable. It is probably one of the most ignorant trends out there. Someone said it limits sidewall flex, a lot of good that will do you when you cannot even drive it into turn hard because the bead unseats. Better yet drive it through a pothole and replace a wheel, a tire, and some suspension.
Old 04-01-2007, 04:01 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

Originally Posted by BigBake
No one who owns a business wants to do it because they will be liable. It is probably one of the most ignorant trends out there. Someone said it limits sidewall flex, a lot of good that will do you when you cannot even drive it into turn hard because the bead unseats. Better yet drive it through a pothole and replace a wheel, a tire, and some suspension.
I understand that part. No business will even look at the rim/tire combo. Some even asked me how much did the rims cost. lol..........and these people mount tires....GTFO.

A 225 shouldn't be too much of a strech. I'm doing it for tire to fender clearance not because of a trend. again......these rim/tire combo are just for daily driving duties....nothing more.

I'm ordering a set of race rims that will rock 245/275 hoosier slicks. HPDE here I come.

I'm more leaning towards selling the 225 and get a set of 235 or 245's. Since, the street/track tire combo will be the same and will not chanhe me suspension set up too much.

Last edited by RE-SPECGARAGE; 04-01-2007 at 04:03 AM.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:09 AM
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by Silverbullet86
perhaps for the reason why ppl run stretched tires in the first place. No sidewall flex.
Funny, I dont see any race teams doing it.

You guys must be super smart or something, you should tell every racing team thats ever existed that they would be much fater if they'd go with a tire that doesnt fit properly.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:31 AM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by joblow
the machines at Kreamer are always only 1-3 years old, and they cost 25,000 for a reason.
I'm gonna assume you mean Kramer and they're NO WHERE NEAR $25K.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:54 PM

slither slither slither slither slither slither

I wouldnt mount them either, buy a tire that fits the rim or buy a wheel with the right offset to start with.

This has got to be the stupidest trend I have seen anyone come up with. I would venture to say that if someone started shitting on there hood and clearing over it and everyone else started doing it, it still would not be as stupid as this trend
Old 04-02-2007, 05:48 AM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ballinnmiami240
A 225 shouldn't be too much of a strech. I'm doing it for tire to fender clearance not because of a trend.
Probably because you are running a ridiculous offset, with wheels that stick out beyond your fenders, aka, the current TREND.

Old 04-02-2007, 06:24 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

FYI the only reason I'd attempt to run a 205/50 on a 10 inch rim is because I am broke and wouldn't be able to afford new tires with the wheels...so I'd stretch the stockers over the new wheels. In all actuallity I'll probably run a 225/50 in the rear and a 205/50 in the front. It should fit on a 8 inch rim no problem...I would certainly never buy NEW tires in those sizes just so I could stretch the tires, lol. I'd get some 265s or something.

I fail to see how wanting to fit a wide wheel that fits flush to the fender, or even requiring a pull is a trend. That's like telling someone the color they paint their car is a trend, I believe it is more a matter of personal opinion and whether or not you like an ugly sunken in look or an attractive flush look, haha.

Arguing which one of these looks better is silly IMO:

Last edited by WishIHadaSilvia; 04-02-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:38 AM
Stuff n Stuff

240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee 240trainee

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia

The problem is very few people actually pull this off, lol, ends up actually looking like shit.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:44 AM
OG Alumni

BigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to allBigBake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
I fail to see how wanting to fit a wide wheel that fits flush to the fender, or even requiring a pull is a trend. That's like telling someone the color they paint their car is a trend, I believe it is more a matter of personal opinion and whether or not you like an ugly sunken in look or an attractive flush look, haha.
There are people who puprosely want the stretched tire look, it is a trend, and it is retarded. It is high risk in every aspect, from damaging the wheels during mounting, damaging the vehicle, to causing an accident. It has been around for over three years now, it started on the west caost with the latino's wanting their 100 spoke rims with a rubber band type tire wrapped on it. It was a look that became popular with the low rider crowd, it has spilled over to the import scene, and now even the Euro's are doing it.
There are enough threads over on E46 fanatics about how to do it, the wheels needed, the tire sizes, and enough pictures to prove it is a "trend". It is an ignorant practice, not only from the aspect of safety but there is absolutely no benefit in performance. It is purely an appearance modification, much like a wing on the back of a FWD car. If you cannot afford the right size tires with your new wheels, then do not buy the wheels until you can afford both wheels and tires.

Quick Reply: streched tire's 225 on a 9.5