Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Super Snake?

Old 05-01-2007 | 04:56 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of
Default Re: Super Snake?

Originally Posted by XCELR8
14" brakes, 5.4 liter DOHC engine with blower and intercooler, 10" wheels, and T56 transmission thrown into a four seat coupe. Of course the lack of expensive weight saving materials like carbon fiber, aluminum, magnesium, and titanium isn't helping either. Just a guess though...
So in other words it would cost a shit load of money to get that thing down weight wise?
Old 05-01-2007 | 05:09 PM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by BMC
So in other words it would cost a shit load of money to get that thing down weight wise?
Pretty much...

You can always lighten a car by using light weight materials, but light weight materials are expensive. Ford could always use titanium exhaust components, magnesium engine cradles, carbon fiber body panels, and aluminum suspension components, but before they'd know it, they'd be trying to sell a $70,000 Mustang. That just isn't going to fly with the market that buys these cars...
Old 05-01-2007 | 05:21 PM
Registered member

evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve evolve

Isnt that the GT500KR???(King of the Road)
Old 05-01-2007 | 05:28 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by XCELR8
but before they'd know it, they'd be trying to sell a $70,000 Mustang. That just isn't going to fly with the market that buys these cars...
There are three GT500s on the island out here. They all sold for $80k+.

Anyway, I would love to See Ford make something like this. Change some bodywork around and run some of God's tires (315+), lose some fucking weight, a well tuned IRS (yes I said it, blow me), and anything else they can do to make the fucking thing actually turn.

Drag racing is cool and all, but contrary to Ford's belief, it's not what sells cars anymore. Now, you make that car run 10s AND turn, and you have yourself a winner.

For the love of God Ford, please make a DRIVER'S CAR.
Old 05-01-2007 | 05:40 PM
Boosted F2B

99EJ6T is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Flite
For the love of God Ford, please make a DRIVER'S CAR.
that is not going to happen. although i would not mind seeing ford make that snake.
Old 05-01-2007 | 06:19 PM
Straight Goonin'

WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6 WhiteEg6

I bet it does excellent burn outs.
Old 05-01-2007 | 06:41 PM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by WhiteEg6
I bet it does excellent burn outs.
That's like saying "I bet that scooter get's good gas mileage" or "I bet Melinda Doolittle looks funny naked". It's a God Damned V8 Mustang, even the slow ones did good burnouts.
Old 05-02-2007 | 04:14 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by Flite
There are three GT500s on the island out here. They all sold for $80k+.
That's because the three people that bought them are idiots. MSRP is only around $42k.

And the car (GT500) does do suprisingly well on road courses. I'm sure this one would do even better.
Old 05-02-2007 | 04:17 AM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

too bad the super snake still won't have shit for the Z06.
Old 05-02-2007 | 04:39 AM
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Brock... my car doesn't have Magnesium, Titanium, or Carbon Fiber anyting yet it weighed 3030 at the drags w/ 1/4 tank in it

Ford needs to produce that Cobra concept car they made w/ the 6.6 V10 And bring back the GT but w/ factory TT

Quick Reply: Super Snake?