Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

tiger japanese engines

Old 10-29-2009, 03:30 AM
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey
Default Re: tiger japanese engines

Originally Posted by GreatShamanGT
To be honest, it's only hit and miss with Tiger Japanese, but most people say they are bad. Many things could go wrong if the engine is not properly stored. Here is a link from experience people have had:

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=758563

If you do get one though, rebuild it. To be honest, Rotary Resurrection or DJSeven have really good deals on rebuilt engines. Check those out.
I was going to post something along these lines as well.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

bsharp11 is an unknown quantity at this point

LS1... 4L60E transmission... custom driveshaft... mount kit...

win...

will cost you less than the price of buying and rebuilding a 13b anyways, make more power, sound better, and not fail.

On topic:
I bought a H22a from them and have had no problems, still runs strong.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:59 PM
mmmmmm

Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake

Originally Posted by nftuatn
1391+159 doesnt equal 2200....

so next time click the link before you just start typing away
that is not the point champ. You are still paying $1550 for a motor that MUST be rebuilt. You already have a motor that needs to be rebuilt. And with that, what is wrong with the current motor. You said its dead, ok. Great explanation, there are rotary heads on this forum. No compression in both rotors, just one? Wont crank? Runs but smokes, then bogs and stops?

I second Rotary Resurrection, although you will not find him on 7club anymore. He is still a great guy and does great builds.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

1smooth85 has disabled reputation

I bought 2 1JZ's from them and both motors were damn near in perfect condition. Took about 4 days to get here. I'm about to order a 2jz from them for another project.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

oxidejunky has disabled reputation

i orderd 2 b20s from them. shipped fast and the price was good but one looked like it had been dropped all the pulleys were bent, but both motors ran great no other problems.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Sorry to revive theis old thread, but how much is shipping running you guys to VA? Residential or Commercial just want a general idea. I'd rather buy from JEI becuase they are local, but just exploring options.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:36 AM
Whatever it takes

ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch ls/vtecstitch

sent you a pm
Old 11-16-2009, 01:18 PM
canibeat.com

kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32 kevsz32

Originally Posted by Chris@Fortune
Sorry to revive theis old thread, but how much is shipping running you guys to VA? Residential or Commercial just want a general idea. I'd rather buy from JEI becuase they are local, but just exploring options.
I personally would go with JEI just because i ahve a good relationship with them. ive heard of tiger japanese engines having both good and horrible motors with dented oil pans..i contantly see how JEI takes care of their items. so i would go with them ..just my .02
Old 11-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by kevsz32
I personally would go with JEI just because i ahve a good relationship with them. ive heard of tiger japanese engines having both good and horrible motors with dented oil pans..i contantly see how JEI takes care of their items. so i would go with them ..just my .02
Yea, I kinda know phil, he seems like a good guy.

I had a very long standing relationship with Noyan (I've done business with them for probably 6 years? maybe longer i dunno) But they have since vastly reduced the number of engines they were importing understandably so. I've herd rumors about them starting to get back into it.. who knows... I actually called them today and got the answering machine twice.

Anyway, I'd would MUCH rather buy a engine I can touch and inspect before I buy it. Infact the only engine I've bought and had shipped was the first sr20 I ever bought back in 2002..haha Even since then I've delt with Noyan or Jhot (yea i drove down and picked the engine up).

Thanks for the input guys, no shipping quotes?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

TheDiamond has disabled reputation

Good products and they're not douchebags