Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Trading cars?

Old 08-01-2006, 11:59 AM
dont wuurry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Trading cars?

good deal. for those who dont know your bank will likly do it for you for free if you a good standing customer.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Registered Member

gsxrguy24179 is an unknown quantity at this point

but if you go online to get transport tags you first have to apply for a pin number don't you to that online?why not go to your local dmv it would be quicker...here in roanoke and bedford they do not make you notorize a bill of sell!!!but i would not put it past them soon!!!!!what i think is bullshit is you get double taxed on your cars first sales tax then propety tax every year...it is that good ole commonwealth of va we live in.....
Old 08-01-2006, 06:36 PM
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by gsxrguy24179
it is that good ole commonwealth of va we live in.....

COMMUNIST wealth, i think is what the people call it 'round here
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Originally Posted by gsxrguy24179
but if you go online to get transport tags you first have to apply for a pin number don't you to that online?why not go to your local dmv it would be quicker...
Must be nice to have DMV's that offer indoor seating accomidations, along with quick service and nice people. Been twice in the past 2 days, spent almost 5 hours combined standing in line. 3 of which were outside waiting to get in due to fire code laws that only allow but so many in the building.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:11 PM
dont wuurry

RightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond reputeRightDiddy has a reputation beyond repute

a dmv pin comes in three days, thats about the time it takes to decide if you want the car, then print the transport tag from your computer and your good to go and have your pin for futuire renewals and what not.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

SlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these partsSlowGhost is infamous around these parts

You are going to need a Bill of Sale if the other party is not there. DO NOT put the actual price of the car of the Bill of sale or if both of you go in person.

Depending on the year like if it is a 90s car I will tell the teller or BOS that cost me $1,000 or less.

If not you are going to pay taxes for the actual price that is in NADA.
Old 08-03-2006, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Chisle is an unknown quantity at this point

update...

i finally traded my car...it was easiest to just go into the dmv and they'll pretty much walk you through anything you dont know. all we had to do for real was fill out the title, switch keys, and switch plates. just go into the dmv to make sure everything is good, and to get your new shit..and pay anything you might have to.