Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Twin Turbo kits, or SC kits for 06-07 Mustang GT?

Old 02-06-2007, 02:12 PM
SuperNeon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Twin Turbo kits, or SC kits for 06-07 Mustang GT?

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
^ Nobody is debating that... but after seeing the hellion Koreandragon has and the KB offerings I'd go KB.

Plus you get this...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...31132000479627
I will always prefer the sound of a kb to a turbo any day
Old 02-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

As has been stated, You can't beat a turbo for power per # of boost, but The new line of KB's are rediculous, and it's even more rediculous how cheap and easy it is to make more than enough power to destroy a GT's bottom end. Not to mention, finding someone that can make a turbo mustang drive like stock is next to impossible, especially in this area.

My car has the old little 2.2KB and only has a cold air, off road mid-pipe, cat back, and pump gas street tune, and I have trapped 135. The 3V heads also make more power than the 4V's I have.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:23 PM
SuperNeon

Originally Posted by tie fitr
finding someone that can make a turbo mustang drive like stock is next to impossible, especially in this area.
+1, will be driving the car up to PA to get my burn out/stall issues fixed, get a better tune, some fuel issues fixed, and a 2-step dialed in. Woo for long drives for crap like this!
Old 02-06-2007, 06:30 PM
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

Originally Posted by koreandragn
+1, will be driving the car up to PA to get my burn out/stall issues fixed, get a better tune, some fuel issues fixed, and a 2-step dialed in. Woo for long drives for crap like this!
I think you will be much happier after that trip. I notice you didn't sign up for our track rental.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
SuperNeon

Originally Posted by tie fitr
I think you will be much happier after that trip. I notice you didn't sign up for our track rental.
I'm addicted to WoW. But no, in all honesty, the stalling after burn out's is such a turn off that it put me off of going to the track till it's fixed.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Funny How?

HISSN is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by koreandragn
And that's why MPH did my chit!! From day one the car drove just like when i dropped it off stock, other than being a little faster. I think the only thing i would change in my setup would be to change to a hellion (1 turbo is easier to maintain and upgrade then 2) and an automatic, or at the very least an automatic.
Old 04-29-2007, 02:57 PM
Registered Member

00COBRA00 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jus10
My step dad is looking into buying a new Mustang GT and selling off his 02 V2 Supercharged Mustang GT [auto.]. He wants to know what he'd get the most bang for his buck out of? Whether it be a TT kit, or an SC kit.. I told him to talk to the guys over at DTP that did his work before.. but he wants me to look into it still. Any reference points, knowledge, proof, etc would be greatly appreciated!
Yeah turbo kits do have more potential because the supercharger belt is limited to only producing as much boost as your engine can spin, and to that problem there are underdrive pulleys you can get which will spin 15psi or so ..... forced air induction is forced air induction ....... but there aren't any or many turbo kits that I know of for the Mustang. For the money with a mustang your probably better off with a procharger, vortech, or paxton supercharger kit anyways ..... they cost $3,000 - $5,500 and come bolt on ready. I own a 00 MUSTANG GT and the good vortech kit will produce 400-450hp with all the components you need for stock bolt on I am shooting for 600 - 650 range and a few internal components will help with that.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:34 AM
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by 00COBRA00
Yeah turbo kits do have more potential because the supercharger belt is limited to only producing as much boost as your engine can spin, and to that problem there are underdrive pulleys you can get which will spin 15psi or so ..... forced air induction is forced air induction ....... but there aren't any or many turbo kits that I know of for the Mustang. For the money with a mustang your probably better off with a procharger, vortech, or paxton supercharger kit anyways ..... they cost $3,000 - $5,500 and come bolt on ready. I own a 00 MUSTANG GT and the good vortech kit will produce 400-450hp with all the components you need for stock bolt on I am shooting for 600 - 650 range and a few internal components will help with that.
Just because you may or may not own a Mustang, doesn't give you the right to bring back a old thread and give bad advice.

And please tell me you have a '00 Cobra.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Just because you may or may not own a Mustang, doesn't give you the right to bring back a old thread and give bad advice.

And please tell me you have a '00 Cobra.
He doesn't. That's just his screen name. He said in his post that he drives a '00 GT.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by XCELR8
He doesn't. That's just his screen name. He said in his post that he drives a '00 GT.
Thats even worse.

Quick Reply: Twin Turbo kits, or SC kits for 06-07 Mustang GT?