Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

uti??

Old 01-03-2010, 09:13 PM
VintageGashHunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry
Default Re: uti??

yeah mick. ive herd that first hand, my auto teacher frequents vadriven sometimes, he told me that guys he hasnt talked to in years leave him messages to change a belt. thet we end up doing in class. haha. but its like its not fun for him anymore. he daily drives a durango and a mercury cougar. but hes got a baby too. i think its a 70's? Porsche 911. he does do short track too though. but i could see how work and fun shouldnt mingle.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:22 PM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

just weigh your options, got too many friends that started school right out of school and ended up changing their degree 2 years in
Old 01-03-2010, 09:30 PM
VintageGashHunter

captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry captainsperry

what did you do?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:27 PM
repping that gR

WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3 WqYn3

Originally Posted by all4sr's
cause i went to ATI, wich is pretty much the same exact thing, and i know many people taht have gone to UTI and say the same thing

ASE's> school credibilty

if you are ASE certified in most area's, they're not really gonna care much if you went to school for it
this guy is right... i went to UTI in mooresville NC. yeah it can be a big PLUS but at the same time its not really worth it. esp if you already know about cars bc you arent going to learn much in the 3 weeks of class/lab per subject. UTI DOESNT help you get ur ASEs certs. they teach you the material and HOW TO PASS the test. hopefully if you go you dont have the teachers i did. anyways gl!
Old 01-04-2010, 03:30 PM
repping that gR

PS. you are really tryin to be a tech for the long run. go to a dealership start from the bottom and take all the shit they give you.. dealerships send their techs for dealership training FOR FREE!! so all that shit you paid to learn from UTI you will get it for free if you put the work in at a dealership. =)
Old 01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
VintageGashHunter

Originally Posted by Don Juan
PS. you are really tryin to be a tech for the long run. go to a dealership start from the bottom and take all the shit they give you.. dealerships send their techs for dealership training FOR FREE!! so all that shit you paid to learn from UTI you will get it for free if you put the work in at a dealership. =)
so you went there and you say no? freal cause im about to send them 100 bucks
Old 01-05-2010, 10:23 AM
repping that gR

Originally Posted by captainsperry
so you went there and you say no? freal cause im about to send them 100 bucks
ok a couple of things..

how old are you?
what other options do you have including school wise?
do you already know about cars?
how is your driving record? if its shit then dont go.

i say save your money. you can get the same info and more from TNCC or TCC and save some money. they DONT help you get ASE, its more like they teach you how to pass the test instead of teaching you how to fix stuff.

it could be good or bad.. Mooresville is sick though! i had lots and lots of fun there. if you do go live in davidson nc on lake norman!!! =)
Old 01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Why not the Apprentice program at Northrop Grumman Newport News.

Dont do UTI or ITT Tech, waste of money.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:37 AM
repping that gR

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
Why not the Apprentice program at Northrop Grumman Newport News.

Dont do UTI or ITT Tech, waste of money.
truth.

after i went to that school i stop fucking with my integra. its still sitting in my garage.. uti killed it for me.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

You get paid to go to school while at the Apprentice program at NGNN.

Quick Reply: uti??