Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

VaD: Need your RIMZZZ advice for my ep3

Old 01-24-2010, 08:23 AM
Function > Form

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Default Re: VaD: Need your RIMZZZ advice for my ep3

Originally Posted by phyber
lolz.

with how i sit with the remainder of the loan, i'm at a cross roads...i can trade it in on something newer (current style Si or CR-Z...or maybe a VW Jetta. i like em) and not have an upside down financial balance....OR i could pay it off and keep it until it dies. With no current plans to pop out any Phyber Jr's, a hatchback body doesn't really hinder me and the clam traveling. And I kept telling myself I wouldn't mod this car until payments were gone (i have a bad problem of modding cars. continuously. for no reason.) and i liked the feel/fit of everything stock.

idk. rimzzz are just for a bit of flavor. I'd REALLY like to find a set of 06-08 Civic Si 17's, but I can't find anything locally, or that hasn't been painted and shit. I just want the plain darker grey ones.
Jetta TDI. Then you can worry about wheels.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:24 AM
Reef tank addict

phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber phyber

Originally Posted by Corey
The problem with going bigger is that it'll look even more like a donk. If you're getting wheels I'd still consider a drop with some springs (I have no recommendations for your car, though).
i am in SOVA and frequent NC, so ridin dem big wheelzzz is bangin, yO!

the drop i'd be looking at is the Eibach ProKit..which is a whopping 1" drop. The factory strut setup WILL blow with a 2"+ drop...and aftermarket struts are about $600. so i could spend anywhere from $800-$1200 in a spring or coilover drop. i can't justify spending that much for performance parts on a chassis that sucks balls on the track, both power/handling wise.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:26 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

are you interested in working for your wheels? you can get a "JDM" set for 800-1500 and re finish them yourself.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:29 AM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Jetta TDI. Then you can worry about wheels.
i REALLY like jetta MKIV's (i think thas the model...the last one with the squareish headlights that had the GLI with factory BBS' and Recaro seats)...but my problem is, IDK anything about them, or how long they can last. I can only find them with 120k+ miles, and that's a risk for me in my misunderstood logic of VW.

And i'd like to get a current style VW Jetta....but my problem is this: I don't buy higher end cars like BMW's, Merc's, Lexus, etc...what i do is find a cheaper, more economy car, but get the highest trim level...and the new style GLI is like $27k , but i havent heard any reviews on how nice/cool/powerful a more base model Jetta is.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by B-Well
are you interested in working for your wheels? you can get a "JDM" set for 800-1500 and re finish them yourself.
If it means anything...i REALLY like rota wheels....hopefully that can hint something
Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ ZweetdreamZ

and
http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...140&perfCode=P
Old 01-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

I've always has a soft spot for the GLi's but they're kind of like S2000's. Most are owned by ignorant kids that beat the shit out of them, so they're tough to find reasonably price and in good shape.

MKIV TDI's are tanks. 100k mi is break in territory... not really but yeah, they're reliable.

Really, you need one of these...

Spoiler

Old 01-24-2010, 08:52 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by phyber
If it means anything...i REALLY like rota wheels....hopefully that can hint something
they are EXTREMELY limited and insanely common.

You dont have a question to ask if your simply going with rotas. there are only a few to choose from. pick one
Old 01-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
I've always has a soft spot for the GLi's but they're kind of like S2000's. Most are owned by ignorant kids that beat the shit out of them, so they're tough to find reasonably price and in good shape.

MKIV TDI's are tanks. 100k mi is break in territory... not really but yeah, they're reliable.

Really, you need one of these...

Spoiler

i've always known that diesels themselves will last forever, but with the TDI's turbo setup, jw if that has the same reputation. i know also that ANY engine's lifespan depends on maintenance.

and that TDI looks phat as shit...but most likely WAYYY out of the future price range lol
Old 01-24-2010, 09:01 AM
Reef tank addict

Originally Posted by B-Well
they are EXTREMELY limited and insanely common.

You dont have a question to ask if your simply going with rotas. there are only a few to choose from. pick one
lol no, i was simply referring to how cheap/ready to go i like things. instant gratification; the american dream.

Quick Reply: VaD: Need your RIMZZZ advice for my ep3