Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Vdubs and reliability

Old 09-23-2006, 03:29 AM
aus deutschland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen
Default Re: Vdubs and reliability

i'm with zero on this one. although there are vw's that have their issues but then again so does every other car manufacturer. learn how to inspect a car before you purchase one make sure everything is on point. so when something does happen you know what it is and wont catch you with surprise or better yet fix it before it breaks or something else breakes. take care of your shit dont beat the fuck out of it all the time. also, it is a lifestyle and if you plan on workin on em start looking into special tools haha jk. but seriously...just inspect it before you buy it even if it's a 05 i mean it's USED!
Old 09-23-2006, 03:33 AM
aus deutschland

Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen

p.s.
by the way TRU: you have all these friends that dont drive their cars hard but not "necessarily" easy either? what the hell does that mean? tell them to keep it easyk and you dont need to be beating the shit out of a stock car anyways unless it's a rental or your test driving a dealer car, haha!

p.s. by stock i mean with basic bolt ons also.
Old 09-23-2006, 10:11 AM
TRU
Registered Member

TRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond reputeTRU has a reputation beyond repute

I mean they will get into it every once in a while. and I'm not bullshitting you about the 4th and 5th transmissions. one of the guys is on here, and he had EIP do the trans swap, which went out a couple months later. Ask 1Point8T(his car) or Runnin9z(good friend the Vdub guys and I)....
Old 09-23-2006, 10:22 AM
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Originally Posted by TRU
I mean they will get into it every once in a while. and I'm not bullshitting you about the 4th and 5th transmissions. one of the guys is on here, and he had EIP do the trans swap, which went out a couple months later. Ask 1Point8T(his car) or Runnin9z(good friend the Vdub guys and I)....
You answered your own question. EIP. You can't blame the car for shit EIP did. Don't go to EIP and you'll be a lot better off.
Old 09-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Dragva nukkas

eurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud ofeurotund757 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sohcivak757
mines a 2000 and not a thing
nvm i correct myself my 3rd gear just started to grind.
Old 09-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

a buddy of mine worked as a tech at VW. He absolutly hates them. He complains about all the stupid problems they all have. VW is not known for its reliabilty lol.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:31 PM
what?

scr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to beholdscr8dubbn is a splendid one to behold

i wouldnt buy anything else....every car has its problems...
Old 09-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I fix cars

hondub is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by scr8dubbn
i wouldnt buy anything else....every car has its problems...
Come on steve, every car may have its problems but vdubs have all the problems combined. i guess carlton isnt the best example but you know his shits always broken haha. i like hondas
Old 09-27-2006, 10:42 AM
i probably hate you

Mr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these partsMr.2 is infamous around these parts

my mom just traded in her 2002(?) beetle. from the time she got it it allways had really weird electrical problems and leaks. no major mechanical issues that i know of, but vw could never fix any of the problems that she had with it.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:52 AM
No more yellow

bigbodycrx has disabled reputation

i have a 06 gti, 14k miles not one issue.

Quick Reply: Vdubs and reliability